Garmin .fit file editor/WKO+ help

awilki01

Sep 20, 2011
I forgot to turn off my Garmin after a workout, and it shows 28 hours of idle time that shows up as Active Recovery in WKO+. I was able to override the TSS in WKO+, but I just don't know how to get rid of this extra time. Do I need to edit the .fit file and re-upload to WKO+ or is there a way withing WKO+ to do this?

Adam

You can get rid of any segment or segments in WKO+. Open the ride file and click the Graph tab. Probably the easiest thing to do is to edit the file in the graph view, although you can switch to the raw data view also (View > Raw Data Grid). Just click your cursor to the beginning of the segment you want to delete on the graph and you will see a vertical bar cursor. You can precisely position the cursor with your left and right arrow keys. Then go to the end of the segment you want to delete and shift+click (hold down the shift key and left-click with the mouse button). This should select the entire range. Then you can Cut (Ctrl+x) to delete the segment. If you screw up, just exit the ride file without saving it and do it again.