Garmin Forerunner 301 and multiple users

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by mcfarland, Dec 25, 2005.

  1. mcfarland

    mcfarland Guest

    I got my wife a 301 for x-mas, installed the Training Center software
    and created a user profile for her. I was hoping to be able to use the
    same 301 and download my data to a different profile. When I try to
    create a new profile, the software says I have to first connect a
    different device. Does anyone know a way around this so more than one
    person can use the same 301?

    Thanks,
    andy

    Tags:

  2. Holmbrew

    Holmbrew Guest

    I have a 201, a little less cool than the 301, but still cool. I had the
    same notion when I got it, but for two to use it, the device itself
    would have to be able to manage multiple profiles to that the runs
    themselves were distinct for each user. They don't seem to work that
    way. I think what Garmin wants you to do is to be able to use multiple
    devices on the same PC. That's probably why they give away the software.

    -Jason

    mcfarland wrote:
    > I got my wife a 301 for x-mas, installed the Training Center software
    > and created a user profile for her. I was hoping to be able to use the
    > same 301 and download my data to a different profile. When I try to
    > create a new profile, the software says I have to first connect a
    > different device. Does anyone know a way around this so more than one
    > person can use the same 301?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > andy

  3. Graham Steer

    Graham Steer Guest

    A tedious but effective way round this is to create a new set of file
    folders for the second person and use the file move facility to relocate the
    files after each download.

    news:[email protected]