Garmin Forerunner 301 and multiple users

mcfarland

Guest
I got my wife a 301 for x-mas, installed the Training Center software
and created a user profile for her. I was hoping to be able to use the
same 301 and download my data to a different profile. When I try to
create a new profile, the software says I have to first connect a
different device. Does anyone know a way around this so more than one
person can use the same 301?

Thanks,
andy

I have a 201, a little less cool than the 301, but still cool. I had the
same notion when I got it, but for two to use it, the device itself
would have to be able to manage multiple profiles to that the runs
themselves were distinct for each user. They don't seem to work that
way. I think what Garmin wants you to do is to be able to use multiple
devices on the same PC. That's probably why they give away the software.

-Jason

mcfarland wrote:
> I got my wife a 301 for x-mas, installed the Training Center software
> and created a user profile for her. I was hoping to be able to use the
> same 301 and download my data to a different profile. When I try to
> create a new profile, the software says I have to first connect a
> different device. Does anyone know a way around this so more than one
> person can use the same 301?
>
> Thanks,
> andy

A tedious but effective way round this is to create a new set of file
folders for the second person and use the file move facility to relocate the
files after each download.

news:[email protected]...