Garmin Forerunner 305 across Sydney Harbour Bridge

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by wilks, Mar 3, 2007.

1. wilks

wilks New Member

Hi,

I wonder if any one is using a Garmin Forerunner 305 and regulary cross the Sydney harbour Bridge

I currentlly have a Polar s540 and find that everytime I hot the bridge the speed and heart rate goes haywire, I am assuming this is because of the Power Rails from the trains.

My cycle to work and back crosses this everyday and I find it quite frustrating. I was thinking of upgrading to the Garmin or an alternative that works.

Does anyone have any recommendations

Tags:

2. DamianM

DamianM New Member

I don't think you'll find anything that works reliably over there. It's surprising the bikes don't light up :)

3. artemidorus

artemidorus New Member

Always sends my Polar 720 crazy right there.

4. j.r.hawkins

j.r.hawkins New Member

I have an echowell F7 speedo and Ruby 100 HRM. Never had a glitch from either and I cross The Coathanger twice a day. The speedo isn't wireless, but the HRM is. Might have something to do with the frequency the Polar units operate at.

The trains run on about 6kV but it's direct current, so the RF impact should be minimal. There's a transformer substation housed at the southern end - that may be a more likely culprit.

5. sogood

sogood New Member

Ridden across the coat hanger quite a few times, never had problems with my VDO wireless computer. It's a digital based system though. Maybe analogue systems are more susceptible.

6. scotty72

scotty72 New Member

The HRM function of my Edge 305 works fine there....

7. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Apart from the trains, there is a host of cables running along side the former fence, just inside the stupid one they put up.