Garmin forerunner 305

Hazy

Aug 19, 2010
I am looking into purchasing a training aid (ie. Garmin foreunner 305 ) Does anyone have experience or recommendations with this or similiar devices they can share with me?

Originally Posted by Hazy .

I am looking into purchasing a training aid (ie. Garmin foreunner 305 ) Does anyone have experience or recommendations with this or similiar devices they can share with me?
I have a garmin forerunner 305 and its worth every penny. I use it to track my running and biking its very accurate. The software is very easy to use and the battery can run for days off one charge.

I have a 405 and its pretty functional as a HRM/cycling computer. I often use the oval handlebar adapter when on my road bike and wear it on my wrist on my TT bike. I find that the battery holds a charge for around 5 hours of riding so it's not a working solution if you plan on riding a super long ride. If you don't need the multi-sport versatility consider a cycling specific model like the 500 or 705, their batteries last longer.

One other thing, while I think the numbers are pretty damned accurate at steady speeds I notice a lag when I'm changing speeds, so sometimes it will still read some random mph when I'm standing still, and my cat eye regularly reads higher top speeds for my sprints...

Thanks guys. I'm by no means a professional so I think the lower cost 305 will suffice for me. I was hoping to hear a positive remark