Garmin Forerunner

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Jim Watson, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Jim Watson

    Jim Watson Guest

    Debi, My Forerunner has experienced the same problem as well. Locked up frozen and the only way to
    restart it was to let the battery run-down. I have contacted Garmin, but had no reply.

    I have loaded version 3 and the Logbook Software so I though that it was something to do with that
    but you have experienced the problem before their release.

    Apart from that I am very impressed by the device, but if this is not sorted?????????

    I hope that Garmin come back with a good reply.

    Jim

    Tags:

  2. Kent

    Kent Guest

    I had the same problem. The reset (per my experiemnts and later confirmed by email back from Garmin)
    was to press the power and the reset buttons simultaneously, and hold for a few seconds. This turns
    off the Forerunner and allows you to restart.

    By the way, others must have had this problem; there's already a new patcy
    (3.10) released this weekend - no problems with my unit yet since loading this.

    Kent

    "Jim Watson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Debi, My Forerunner has experienced the same problem as well. Locked up frozen and the only way to
    > restart it was to let the battery run-down. I have contacted Garmin, but had no reply.
    >
    > I have loaded version 3 and the Logbook Software so I though that it was something to do with that
    > but you have experienced the problem before their release.
    >
    > Apart from that I am very impressed by the device, but if this is not sorted?????????
    >
    > I hope that Garmin come back with a good reply.
    >
    > Jim

  3. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Version 3.1 seems to have fixed that problem. At least it did for me.