Garmin Forerunner

J

Jim Watson

Debi, My Forerunner has experienced the same problem as well. Locked up frozen and the only way to
restart it was to let the battery run-down. I have contacted Garmin, but had no reply.

I have loaded version 3 and the Logbook Software so I though that it was something to do with that
but you have experienced the problem before their release.

Apart from that I am very impressed by the device, but if this is not sorted?????????

I hope that Garmin come back with a good reply.

Jim

I had the same problem. The reset (per my experiemnts and later confirmed by email back from Garmin)
was to press the power and the reset buttons simultaneously, and hold for a few seconds. This turns
off the Forerunner and allows you to restart.

By the way, others must have had this problem; there's already a new patcy
(3.10) released this weekend - no problems with my unit yet since loading this.

Kent

"Jim Watson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Debi, My Forerunner has experienced the same problem as well. Locked up frozen and the only way to
> restart it was to let the battery run-down. I have contacted Garmin, but had no reply.
>
> I have loaded version 3 and the Logbook Software so I though that it was something to do with that
> but you have experienced the problem before their release.
>
> Apart from that I am very impressed by the device, but if this is not sorted?????????
>
> I hope that Garmin come back with a good reply.
>
> Jim

Version 3.1 seems to have fixed that problem. At least it did for me.

"Jim Watson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Debi, My Forerunner has experienced the same problem as well. Locked up frozen and the only way to
> restart it was to let the battery run-down. I have contacted Garmin, but had no reply.
>
> I have loaded version 3 and the Logbook Software so I though that it was something to do with that
> but you have experienced the problem before their release.
>
> Apart from that I am very impressed by the device, but if this is not sorted?????????
>
> I hope that Garmin come back with a good reply.
>
> Jim