Garmin or Timex?

meeghan

Aug 2, 2006
I am considering purchasing either a Garmin Forerunner 305 or Timex Bodylink. Does anyone have a preference between the two? Garmin seems to be pricier. Is it worth the extra cost? This will be my first GPS purchase, so any tips would be much appreciated.

meeghan said:
I am considering purchasing either a Garmin Forerunner 305 or Timex Bodylink. Does anyone have a preference between the two? Garmin seems to be pricier. Is it worth the extra cost? This will be my first GPS purchase, so any tips would be much appreciated.
Garmin does bike functions - wheel speed and cadence. Also does barometric altitude. The Timex does not appear to do these cycling specific functions.

Thanks ozbiker. I ended up going with Garmin... seems like it has more bells and whistles like you said. I had been trying to figure out what I really need because Timex is so much cheaper, but I got a good deal with youprice.com.au, so it's all good.

Cheers!

ozbiker2 said:
Garmin does bike functions - wheel speed and cadence. Also does barometric altitude. The Timex does not appear to do these cycling specific functions.