Garmin Tracks wanted

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Steve, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Does anyone know if there is a site to download Garmin GPS
    tracks from walks people have taken and posted? I am looking
    for tracks in the Yorkshire Dales area as well as the
    Snowdonia and North York Moors areas. I would think that by
    now enough people are using GPS that they would be swapping
    and sharing tracks with each other. Of course I still plan
    to get maps but the tracks would be nice to have and fun to
    look at before my trip to the UK.

    Thanks, Steve.

    Tags:

  2. Toby Jug

    Toby Jug Guest

    "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know if there is a site to download Garmin GPS
    > tracks from walks people have taken and posted? I am
    > looking for tracks in the Yorkshire Dales area as well as
    > the Snowdonia and North York Moors areas. I would think
    > that by now enough people are using GPS that they would be
    > swapping and sharing tracks with each other. Of course I
    > still plan to get maps but the tracks would be nice to
    > have and fun to look at before my trip to the UK.
    >
    > Thanks, Steve.

    http://www.36haroldstreet.freeserve.co.uk/GPS.htm

  3. Mike Mason

    Mike Mason Guest

    Try www.anquet.co.uk

    Mike Mason

    "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know if there is a site to download Garmin GPS
    > tracks from walks people have taken and posted? I am
    > looking for tracks in the Yorkshire Dales area as well as
    > the Snowdonia and North York Moors areas. I would think
    > that by now enough people are using GPS that they would be
    > swapping and sharing tracks with each other. Of course I
    > still plan to get maps but the tracks would be nice to
    > have and fun to look at before my trip to the UK.
    >
    > Thanks, Steve.

  4. Mike Hill

    Mike Hill Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 20:51:18 GMT, "Mike Mason"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Try www.anquet.co.uk
    >
    >Mike Mason
    >
    >"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Does anyone know if there is a site to download Garmin
    >> GPS tracks from walks people have taken and posted? I am
    >> looking for tracks in the Yorkshire Dales area as well as
    >> the Snowdonia and North York Moors areas. I would think
    >> that by now enough people are using GPS that they would
    >> be swapping and sharing tracks with each other. Of course
    >> I still plan to get maps but the tracks would be nice to
    >> have and fun to look at before my trip to the UK.
    >>
    >> Thanks, Steve.

    Thought you had to be a member for that ? Mike.
    --

    '02 GSF1200 in silver
    Email address spamtrapped.

  5. Mike Mason

    Mike Mason Guest

    Don't know. Thought you just had to register. Yep just
    checked you have to be registered and part of registration
    is entering a product code so unless you have an Anquet
    product I take it back.

    Mike Mason

    "Mike Hill" <[email protected]> wrote in