Gary Fisher Craked Tail Frame - Can I get a new one?

Geewizza

Aug 18, 2003
Gidday,

I have a crack in the tail frame of my dual GF. I have had the frame welded once but the crack is back. (see picture, red tail frame) Can anyone tell me if this tail can be replaced? I have searched the GF web site and they don't list spare parts available. (I'm in Victoria Australia)

I bought this dual GF bike and don't even know the model name, can anyone help me with the model. It is about 7 years old and has worked it's butt off.

Also, can anyone tell me about the GT i-Drive? I am looking at the GT i-Drive 1.0

Thanks,

Wizza:)

That looks like the same swingarm the Trek Y (y3 through y50)uses - I ride a Y22, and it sure looks like my swingarm. You might see if you can find someone locally who owns one of these and compare the swingarm.

Swingarms for Trek Y bikes show up on ebay once in a while.

Originally posted by JohnO
That looks like the same swingarm the Trek Y (y3 through y50)uses - I ride a Y22, and it sure looks like my swingarm. You might see if you can find someone locally who owns one of these and compare the swingarm.

Swingarms for Trek Y bikes show up on ebay once in a while.

Thanks Johno,

I'll check out Ebay. I've also contacted the guy I purchased it from and he recons he has a brochure on the bike, so i'll see what i end up with.

Mate, this is a great site.. Thanks for your reply.

Wizza

I think the Gary Fisher brand is owned by Trek, so you might be able to go into a nearby Trek stockist, and ask the staff there to check up with their Trek rep..

Originally posted by rek
I think the Gary Fisher brand is owned by Trek, so you might be able to go into a nearby Trek stockist, and ask the staff there to check up with their Trek rep..

Thanks Rek,

Great stuff, I'll check a few Trek dealers.

Wizza.