• I have one of each

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Geewizza

Aug 18, 2003
Gidday all,

Who out there has some feed back on the Gary Fisher Sugar? I have just bought one after coming from an old dual GF. I have a GT hard tail as well and hope to mix my bikes depending on my ride locations. You see my old GF broke so I borrowed a mates Harro hard tail, I was impressed by the improvement in power up hill but hated the rough down hill. As I've had to give my mates bike back I was not sure what to do and I needed a new bike, I bought a base GT (paid around $400au, apparently the frame is the same frame used on the GT's up to $1800.00au) I put all my old components on it and it goes great. However I can't wait to get on the Sugar in two weeks. Who out there rides a Sugar? I am looking for positive feed back!!

Cheers.

Wizza

Originally posted by Geewizza
Gidday all,

Who out there has some feed back on the Gary Fisher Sugar?

I rode one this summer. The bike shop where I ordered my Santa Cruz Heckler was kind enough to loan me one while I waited for my bike to come in. It was light, nimble, and the suspension (cane creek in the rear, manitou fork) worked well for me. It was a Sugar 3+. I rode it pretty hard and had a lot of fun on it. It was a rental and had seen a lot of use, but it had held up really well. Have fun on yours.

P.S. I got the Heckler, and it is awesome. Check them out if you haven't already purchased the Fisher.... :)

I love my HT, but dualies are nice, especially really efficient ones. I rode the Sugar this past summer and being that it was the first dualie I had ridden off road, and I was riding it in really technical terrain, I was quite pleased with it. It'll do the job in the occassional race and it's relatively efficient, I'd recommend it to most riders.

my $0.02

Thanks for the reply's. I'll be posting my thoughts once I've been on the Sugar a couple of weeks. One good thing, Gary Fisher make some great bikes so I'm not expecting to be let down.

Cheers.

Wizza