gary fisher

torence20

Feb 27, 2010
hey guys new here, im not a hardcore cyclist but i really enjoy it and i just bought a 2009 gary fisher marlin for 250 bucks? did i get a good deal or did i get burned? i was talking with another guy that was tryn to sell me a 97 fisher ekoo koo e or what ever it was it was beat to death and he was asking 350 and the 09 is very nice in excellent shape and they guys had told me it has less than 200 miles on it wich i belive, the damage is done as i have already purchased the bike and i really love it to me it was worth every penny just thought i would ask the pros. as i have no experience, and i was wondering what clipless shoes and pedals would work with this bike thanks guys

torence20 said:
hey guys new here, im not a hardcore cyclist but i really enjoy it and i just bought a 2009 gary fisher marlin for 250 bucks? did i get a good deal or did i get burned? i was talking with another guy that was tryn to sell me a 97 fisher ekoo koo e or what ever it was it was beat to death and he was asking 350 and the 09 is very nice in excellent shape and they guys had told me it has less than 200 miles on it wich i belive, the damage is done as i have already purchased the bike and i really love it to me it was worth every penny just thought i would ask the pros. as i have no experience, and i was wondering what clipless shoes and pedals would work with this bike thanks guys
Nice bike with reasonably good components at a great price compared to its retail price (~$700US).

Different shoes brands are made on different "lasts" ... so, you need to decide which brand fits your feet ...

The use of different "lasts" means that there isn't any continuity in the sizes ... so a 44 SHIMANO is about the same as a 45 SIDI (just to name to brands). You should go to a bike shop to find a shoe that fits you ... the best fitting shoe may not be carried by your bike shops, BTW.

The prices on shoes varies widely ... I think most shops carry Shimano's shoes ... Shimano seems to have the most varieties of shoes through the broadest range of prices.

Shimano also has one of the broadest variety of pedals ... again, in a broad price range. Their SPD cleats are ubiquitous. You could do worse.

well i ordered a set of pedals that comes with cleats, made by the crank brothers they should work find i just have to find a shoe i like, monday im going to go to the bike store in town and see if he has anything i might like