Garzelli won`t ride the Giro 2006

cyclingheroes

Sep 9, 2005
The Liquigas management decided to start with Di Luca as captain at the Giro d' Italia 2006. Stefano Garzelli will not start and concentrate on the mountain stages of the Tour de France in 2006. Garzelli was the dissapointing number 32 of the Giro 2005.

He also recently named his new born son 'Marco' after good friend and former team-mate Marco Pantani !

cyclingheroes said:
The Liquigas management decided to start with Di Luca as captain at the Giro d' Italia 2006. Stefano Garzelli will not start and concentrate on the mountain stages of the Tour de France in 2006. Garzelli was the dissapointing number 32 of the Giro 2005.

Dear WBT,

I know that Stefano has named his son Marco, but I had not read anywhere of this dedication. I wondered of course if it was the case. Where did you read about this dedication? If you remember.
On Garzelli's finish in last years giro, I think the thread initiator has an error. Garzelli was constrained to drop out due to injuries incurred in a pileup. He did try the following two stages to continue, but found he could not get the push on the pedals due to back pain. In any event his year was a flop, by his standards and obviously that of liquigas. He failed to win a stage at tdf, or make the top 10 in gc. His early season was conditioned with influenza and thus provided little useful results. He won a race and finished second in another, in post tdf sason, and did provide some modest support to DiLuca at various points, but that was all.
whiteboytrash said:
He also recently named his new born son 'Marco' after good friend and former team-mate Marco Pantani !

:)
I like Stefano; I got a chance to meet him when he came to the San Francisco Grand Prix a couple of years back. I hope the next season brings him a better luck.

ciao :D

ilpirata said:
Dear WBT,

I know that Stefano has named his son Marco, but I had not read anywhere of this dedication. I wondered of course if it was the case. Where did you read about this dedication? If you remember.
On Garzelli's finish in last years giro, I think the thread initiator has an error. Garzelli was constrained to drop out due to injuries incurred in a pileup. He did try the following two stages to continue, but found he could not get the push on the pedals due to back pain. In any event his year was a flop, by his standards and obviously that of liquigas. He failed to win a stage at tdf, or make the top 10 in gc. His early season was conditioned with influenza and thus provided little useful results. He won a race and finished second in another, in post tdf sason, and did provide some modest support to DiLuca at various points, but that was all.

Hello mareblu
vamus alla spaggia?
Garzelli has given a recent interview that you might check on his web site. There he actually says that naming the son Marco was only a coincidence. It was a name that he and his wife both liked. Well who knows? But it doesn't sound like a dedication. He says he is training in the same locals of Spain as he did in 2000 with the Mercatoneuno team, that has for him very special memories. And jokes that though he is not a superstitious man, if he has another big year with similar results as 2000, it will become a certainty that he will train there again.
mareblu said:
:)
I like Stefano; I got a chance to meet him when he came to the San Francisco Grand Prix a couple of years back. I hope the next season brings him a better luck.

ciao :D

CIAO PIRATA!!!! come va? or como estas? :D

ilpirata said:
Hello mareblu
vamus alla spaggia?
Garzelli has given a recent interview that you might check on his web site. There he actually says that naming the son Marco was only a coincidence. It was a name that he and his wife both liked. Well who knows? But it doesn't sound like a dedication. He says he is training in the same locals of Spain as he did in 2000 with the Mercatoneuno team, that has for him very special memories. And jokes that though he is not a superstitious man, if he has another big year with similar results as 2000, it will become a certainty that he will train there again.