gas grill cover question

bobemeril wrote:

> I hate to admit I agree w/Sheldon on the covers.My gas grille is at
> least 17 yrs old,and has been outside through rain, snow,and hail.
> I've replaced the burners quite a few times,replaced the glass front
> with a peice of metal[because it suddenly rained when I had it cranked
> up all the way hot years ago].

My gas grill has no idea what a cover looks like. It has been on the patio
for a5 or 16 years now, rain or shine, summer and winter. I replaced the
wooden knobs a few times and then spend the extra $2 to get the synthetic
type. which have not needed replacement. I have replaced the burner
twice. The second replacement was cast iron and has proved itself worth
the extra cost. I have replaced the bottom grate twice. The valves got a
little sticky last year but a shot of WD40 loosened them up. I broke a
knob when the valve stuck but got a cheap replacement. So far, the things
that I have replaced that had to be replaced because of weathering were
cheaper than a cover. The body and frame are still in great shape.

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:02:20 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

> bobemeril wrote:
>
> > I hate to admit I agree w/Sheldon on the covers.My gas grille is at
> > least 17 yrs old,and has been outside through rain, snow,and hail.
> > I've replaced the burners quite a few times,replaced the glass front
> > with a peice of metal[because it suddenly rained when I had it cranked
> > up all the way hot years ago].

> My gas grill has no idea what a cover looks like. It has been on the patio
> for a5 or 16 years now, rain or shine, summer and winter. I replaced the
> wooden knobs a few times and then spend the extra $2 to get the synthetic
> type. which have not needed replacement. I have replaced the burner
> twice. The second replacement was cast iron and has proved itself worth
> the extra cost. I have replaced the bottom grate twice. The valves got a
> little sticky last year but a shot of WD40 loosened them up. I broke a
> knob when the valve stuck but got a cheap replacement. So far, the things
> that I have replaced that had to be replaced because of weathering were
> cheaper than a cover. The body and frame are still in great shape.

OH Boy, you can't kill that thing! It's just plain old.

:)