gas grill cover question

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Phyllis Stone, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    bobemeril wrote:

    > I hate to admit I agree w/Sheldon on the covers.My gas grille is at
    > least 17 yrs old,and has been outside through rain, snow,and hail.
    > I've replaced the burners quite a few times,replaced the glass front
    > with a peice of metal[because it suddenly rained when I had it cranked
    > up all the way hot years ago].

    My gas grill has no idea what a cover looks like. It has been on the patio
    for a5 or 16 years now, rain or shine, summer and winter. I replaced the
    wooden knobs a few times and then spend the extra $2 to get the synthetic
    type. which have not needed replacement. I have replaced the burner
    twice. The second replacement was cast iron and has proved itself worth
    the extra cost. I have replaced the bottom grate twice. The valves got a
    little sticky last year but a shot of WD40 loosened them up. I broke a
    knob when the valve stuck but got a cheap replacement. So far, the things
    that I have replaced that had to be replaced because of weathering were
    cheaper than a cover. The body and frame are still in great shape.

  2. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:02:20 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

    > bobemeril wrote:
    >
    > > I hate to admit I agree w/Sheldon on the covers.My gas grille is at
    > > least 17 yrs old,and has been outside through rain, snow,and hail.
    > > I've replaced the burners quite a few times,replaced the glass front
    > > with a peice of metal[because it suddenly rained when I had it cranked
    > > up all the way hot years ago].

    > My gas grill has no idea what a cover looks like. It has been on the patio
    > for a5 or 16 years now, rain or shine, summer and winter. I replaced the
    > wooden knobs a few times and then spend the extra $2 to get the synthetic
    > type. which have not needed replacement. I have replaced the burner
    > twice. The second replacement was cast iron and has proved itself worth
    > the extra cost. I have replaced the bottom grate twice. The valves got a
    > little sticky last year but a shot of WD40 loosened them up. I broke a
    > knob when the valve stuck but got a cheap replacement. So far, the things
    > that I have replaced that had to be replaced because of weathering were
    > cheaper than a cover. The body and frame are still in great shape.

    OH Boy, you can't kill that thing! It's just plain old.

    :)