Gatoraid vs other sports drinks

Have you guys tried the new XS sports drinks line? I would personally recommend you try those before anything else...plus they're clear with no unnecessary additives! I have been using them for quite some time now and feel much better than when I used Gaterade as my sports drink of choice!

Having energy and the ability to more efficiently process energy is a plus especially when out on the road. I'd recommend taking the Nutrilite mulit-vitamin, mulit-mineral, and phyto-nutrient supplements. After at least a week I could feel my energy levels go up and even my body as a whole was starting to feel more complete. I noticed a subtle, yet noticible difference in my efficiency...it's definetly starting to pay off now!!!

If you want to check out XS energy products and/or Nutrilite products...go to quixtar.com and then to 'find products'>'products by category'>'food and bevarages'>'beverages'>'sports drinks'. The Nutrilite products are under 'products by category'>'health'>'vitamins and supplements'

If you need help with finding, purchasing or whatever...shoot me an e-mail [[email protected]]. Peace.

jrstevens said:
pray tell what is this "good line" of Gatorade you speak of that grocery stores do not sell?
One the indegrediants was Palm Kernal Oil, which is a highly saturated fat (not good). I believe it was the Thrist Quencher Line (but can't tell from the website as they don't specifically list the indegrediants). If you go to the Gatorade website, you will note the different product line, but they are all marketed under the Gatorade name.

offthebackCT said:
...Recovery drinks can be a huge help in rapidly replenishing muscular glycogen (energy for high intensity) stores immediately following exercise, with little risk of the calories being stored as fat:) . This allows you to maximize your workout intensity the next time out by ensuring fuel is available for hard(er) efforts. The closer together your workouts are (i.e. daily or twice a day), the more important a recovery drink may be. In addition, the protein content of many recovery drinks gives the body the raw material it needs to repair any muscular trauma caused during exercise. In this role, proteins derived from animal sources (whey, milk, STEAK:rolleyes: ) are superior to those derived from plant sources (soy), due to the presence of certain essential amino acids. The protein may also help the muscles store more glycogen (energy), but the studies are somewhat inconclusive. As with the sports drink, I use my own recipe for a recovery drink, based on the research of others and also upon my personal taste preferences.

24 fl.oz. Skim Milk
2 oz. Nestle Quik Powder
Drink IMMEDIATELY following exercise

Pretty simple, huh? This recipe works for someone who is appoximately 75kg and should be adjusted for other weights as described below. The best part is that research suggests that this recipe and ones like it are every bit as effective as recovery drinks costing many times as much:eek: . The key is to make sure that you consume approximately 1 gram of carbohydrate per kilogram of body weight, and .25-.33g of protein per kilogram body weight. It can be in any form you like (I also will eat a bowl of sugary cereal with skim milk, or toast with sweetened jelly and a big glass of milk if the mood strikes me) Another important thing is to avoid fat consumption (sorry, no donuts:( )within the first hour following exercise, as it will slow the metabolism of the recovery drink/Meal. My rule of thumb is to drink one recovery drink immediately following exercise for moderate to intense training rides of 1-2 hours, and for specific recovery rides. If the ride is longer than 2 hours, I will drink another recovery drink or have a specific recovery meal one hour later. Using the methods I have outlined, you should be able to train hard and recover well with little other modification to an already-balanced daily diet. Hope this helps you get faster and save some money!!!
Interesting thread. I read the Indiana research sponsored by the dairy industry that said skim chocolate milk does about the same thing as Endurox R4. I'd add sea salt to it and take a glutamine capsule or two, 15 minutes after exercise. Baking soda works great as a lactic acid buffer, creatine monohydrate works in ways we don't understand fully yet. Sudafed (pseudephedrine) or ephedra in correct doses also improve performance, and so does caffeine. Altitude training works and so does respiratory training, and prices are coming down.

Rockslayer said:
I still use gatorade only in the gym but for riding I still had problems with cramps and lactic acid especially around 1.5 to 2hours on the mtb so I switched the Endura mix one now, not as sweet, tastes disgusting but it does the job. has some extra magnesium or some other Ions. I don't get into the technical info it too much but I know it works me. Plus I feed on gels every 30 to 45 minutes but I avoid the ones with caffiene
I use Endura too, and like the taste off it. The Magnesium helps prevent muscle cramps, and I switch between that and plain water while I'm ut.

Jacob24 said:
how does gatoraid as a sports drink compare to other's like the Powerbar drinks, clif drinks, ect. Also, how much of a differance do recovery drinks make after a ride.
I ride with either Gatorade or "the combo".

When I feel like not pushing myself that hard, I'll just stick with the Gatorade (tastes better).

When I want to push myself and/or I'm doing a group ride, I'll get some Cytomax and mix it with Scivation Xtend. Big Difference. But if your concerned about the "taste" of your energy drink, I'd stay away from this combo.