Gaumont testimony

John Forrest Tomlinson

Guest
This is wild stuff, from
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/11163.0.html

"Gaumont shocked the court Tuesday when he said it was the current
doctor of the French Cycling Federation (FFC), Armand Megret, who had
first injected him with a doping product, in 1994.

'It was Armand who injected me with the first ever doping product of
my career, in 1994,' said Gaumont, who after retiring two years ago
went on to write a book detailing the sordid secrets of drug-taking on
and off the bike.

The presiding judge, Laurent Bougerie, was stunned. 'The same Armand
Megret who is working as the official federation doctor, and who
helped introduce the long-term health supervision program for riders?'
the judge asked.

Gaumont confirmed that it was the same doctor."
--
JT
****************************

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> This is wild stuff, from
> http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/11163.0.html
>
> "Gaumont shocked the court Tuesday when he said it was the current
> doctor of the French Cycling Federation (FFC), Armand Megret, who had
> first injected him with a doping product, in 1994.
>
> 'It was Armand who injected me with the first ever doping product of
> my career, in 1994,' said Gaumont, who after retiring two years ago
> went on to write a book detailing the sordid secrets of drug-taking on
> and off the bike.
>
> The presiding judge, Laurent Bougerie, was stunned. 'The same Armand
> Megret who is working as the official federation doctor, and who
> helped introduce the long-term health supervision program for riders?'
> the judge asked.
>
> Gaumont confirmed that it was the same doctor."
> --
> JT
> ****************************
> Remove "remove" to reply
> Visit http://www.jt10000.com
> ****************************

Damn. And all this time I thought it was just the Americans that
doped. Stupid VeloSnooze - they have to go and ruin all our delusions
about the clean French. I wonder which American tricked Gaumont into
confessing? Musta been Tyler or Floyd.

-B

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> 'It was Armand who injected me with the first ever doping product of
> my career, in 1994,' said Gaumont

So it wasn't an immaculate conception.

Donald Munro wrote:
> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> > 'It was Armand who injected me with the first ever doping product of
> > my career, in 1994,' said Gaumont

> So it wasn't an immaculate conception.

Wouldn't that be "immaculate injection"?

> This is wild stuff, from
> http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/11163.0.html
>
> "Gaumont shocked the court Tuesday when he said it was the current
> doctor of the French Cycling Federation (FFC), Armand Megret, who had
> first injected him with a doping product, in 1994.
>
> 'It was Armand who injected me with the first ever doping product of
> my career, in 1994,' said Gaumont, who after retiring two years ago
> went on to write a book detailing the sordid secrets of drug-taking on
> and off the bike.
>
> The presiding judge, Laurent Bougerie, was stunned. 'The same Armand
> Megret who is working as the official federation doctor, and who
> helped introduce the long-term health supervision program for riders?'
> the judge asked.
>
> Gaumont confirmed that it was the same doctor."
> --

You are right, it is wild. It will be interesting to see the results of the
trial.