Gazelle Titanium Frame

Brainstorm

Mar 18, 2009
Last year I bought an old and used Gazelle Titanium Team frame that I have since restored and built up.

I believe this frame is from the mid/late 90s as it is painted in TVM colours and has a one inch head tube. The down tube is aero shaped and the rear triangle appears to be rather over dimensioned.

Does anyone know anything about these old Gazelle Ti Team frames? Was this considered to be a good frame in its day? It rides well, but is a bit stiff for a ti frame.

Thanks for any help!

I have one of these frames but mine was sold as a Raleigh, without decals. I have a photo of Jesper Skibby riding one badged as a Gazelle in the 97 TDF. It may have been OK in the Tour but I would hate to ride one in the Northern Classics as it is so stiff and mine is 62cm. I should think a small frame would be a nightmare.
They would however make a good TT frame.

Hi and thanks for your response! I still have this frame and have ridden many thousands of miles on it, including a one day 180 mile sportive which was a bit painful due to the hard ride (54 cm frame). I upgraded to a Easton EC90 fork which was well worth the money.

Lately I have bought a carbon frame which feels much more up to date, but still use the Gazelle a lot.