gazzaloddi dual question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bruce Edge, Jun 18, 2003.

  1. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    I know these are not a slickrock tire, but to their side knobs fold over and let go under hard
    lateral G's on hardpack?

    My front maxxis MOFO has this lovely trait, so I'm wary of buying another big knob tire. It's not
    that they slide, they actually fold and tear. I've had 3 good wipeouts on off-camber slickrock and I
    have 3 sections of tire with a 4" pattern of torn side knobs. The damn thing is making my gun shy.

    Thanks, Bruce

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...

    > The damn thing is making my gun shy.

    Now THAT is a straight-line!!!

    Bill "if the knob tore off my gun would be shy, too" S.

  3. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > I know these are not a slickrock tire, but to their side knobs fold over and let go under hard
    > lateral G's on hardpack?
    >
    > My front maxxis MOFO has this lovely trait, so I'm wary of buying another
    big
    > knob tire. It's not that they slide, they actually fold and tear. I've had 3 good wipeouts on
    > off-camber slickrock and I have 3 sections of tire with a 4" pattern of torn side knobs. The damn
    > thing is making my gun shy.
    >
    > Thanks, Bruce

    I think you might want to look for a new saddle if your gun is getting shy... as for the tires, I
    couldn't tell ya ;)

    Jon Bond

  4. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:06:32 +0000, Jon Bond wrote:

    > "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    >> I know these are not a slickrock tire, but to their side knobs fold over and let go under hard
    >> lateral G's on hardpack?
    >>
    >> My front maxxis MOFO has this lovely trait, so I'm wary of buying another
    > big
    >> knob tire. It's not that they slide, they actually fold and tear. I've had 3 good wipeouts on
    >> off-camber slickrock and I have 3 sections of tire with a 4" pattern of torn side knobs. The damn
    >> thing is making my gun shy.
    >>
    >> Thanks, Bruce
    >
    > I think you might want to look for a new saddle if your gun is getting shy... as for the tires, I
    > couldn't tell ya ;)
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Damn, that's a freudian typo.

  5. So far so good...IRC Trailbear 2.25.