gazzaloddi dual question

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bruce Edge

I know these are not a slickrock tire, but to their side knobs fold over and let go under hard
lateral G's on hardpack?

My front maxxis MOFO has this lovely trait, so I'm wary of buying another big knob tire. It's not
that they slide, they actually fold and tear. I've had 3 good wipeouts on off-camber slickrock and I
have 3 sections of tire with a 4" pattern of torn side knobs. The damn thing is making my gun shy.

Thanks, Bruce

"bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> I know these are not a slickrock tire, but to their side knobs fold over and let go under hard
> lateral G's on hardpack?
>
> My front maxxis MOFO has this lovely trait, so I'm wary of buying another
big
> knob tire. It's not that they slide, they actually fold and tear. I've had 3 good wipeouts on
> off-camber slickrock and I have 3 sections of tire with a 4" pattern of torn side knobs. The damn
> thing is making my gun shy.
>
> Thanks, Bruce

I think you might want to look for a new saddle if your gun is getting shy... as for the tires, I
couldn't tell ya ;)

Jon Bond

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:06:32 +0000, Jon Bond wrote:

>
> "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>> I know these are not a slickrock tire, but to their side knobs fold over and let go under hard
>> lateral G's on hardpack?
>>
>> My front maxxis MOFO has this lovely trait, so I'm wary of buying another
> big
>> knob tire. It's not that they slide, they actually fold and tear. I've had 3 good wipeouts on
>> off-camber slickrock and I have 3 sections of tire with a 4" pattern of torn side knobs. The damn
>> thing is making my gun shy.
>>
>> Thanks, Bruce
>
> I think you might want to look for a new saddle if your gun is getting shy... as for the tires, I
> couldn't tell ya ;)
>
> Jon Bond

Damn, that's a freudian typo.

So far so good...IRC Trailbear 2.25.

http://www.supergo.com/itemdisplay.asp?parentid=23286&secid=7559&subid=7565&compflag=1&company=IRC

"bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> I know these are not a slickrock tire, but to their side knobs fold over and let go under hard
> lateral G's on hardpack?
>
> My front maxxis MOFO has this lovely trait, so I'm wary of buying another
big
> knob tire. It's not that they slide, they actually fold and tear. I've had 3 good wipeouts on
> off-camber slickrock and I have 3 sections of tire with a 4" pattern of torn side knobs. The damn
> thing is making my gun shy.
>
> Thanks, Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.