Gazza's badly adjusted brakes and light.

Simon Mason wrote:

> Spotted this yesterday in a popular Sunday rag.
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zgazza.htm
>
> The gentleman in the photo used to play Association Football for England,
> m'lud.

He also has the front brake running off the left hand lever, in
contravention of BS6102. Oh wait, "Rock Shox" is backwards too...

"Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> Spotted this yesterday in a popular Sunday rag.
>>
>> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zgazza.htm
>>
>> The gentleman in the photo used to play Association Football for England,
>> m'lud.

> He also has the front brake running off the left hand lever, in
> contravention of BS6102. Oh wait, "Rock Shox" is backwards too...

No wonder the acts as if he doesn't know if he's coming or going ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

> He also has the front brake running off the left hand lever, in
> contravention of BS6102.

That only specifies as-sold setup, doesn't it? Gazza could have decided
to switch them around to give more effective braking whilst signalling
right, as I have mine set up.

(Actually, I had mine *built* like that, with the cable guide brazed
onto the correct side. How do custom builders get around BS6102 when a
customer requests something in contravention of it?)

> Oh wait, "Rock Shox" is backwards too...

Ah. That explains it then.

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> He also has the front brake running off the left hand lever, in
> contravention of BS6102. Oh wait, "Rock Shox" is backwards too...

I didn't notice either of those, but I did notice that he has the
drivetrain on the wrong side.

d.

Mark Tranchant wrote:

> (Actually, I had mine *built* like that, with the cable guide
> brazed onto the correct side. How do custom builders get around
> BS6102 when a customer requests something in contravention of it?)

I imagine they simply ignore it.

--
Dave...

davek wrote:
> Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> > He also has the front brake running off the left hand lever, in
> > contravention of BS6102. Oh wait, "Rock Shox" is backwards too...

> I didn't notice either of those, but I did notice that he has the
> drivetrain on the wrong side.

Simon didn't mention which paper this was, but I presume it must have
been the Mirror.

--
Dave...

dkahn400 wrote:
> davek wrote:
>>Zog The Undeniable wrote:

>>>He also has the front brake running off the left hand lever, in
>>>contravention of BS6102. Oh wait, "Rock Shox" is backwards too...

>>I didn't notice either of those, but I did notice that he has the
>>drivetrain on the wrong side.

> Simon didn't mention which paper this was, but I presume it must have
> been the Mirror.

Aaarrrgggghhhh!!!! Worse than Vogon poetry...

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/

dkahn400 wrote:

> Simon didn't mention which paper this was, but I presume it must have
> been the Mirror.

It was the News of the Screws.