Gear/Brake Setup

androo

Jul 20, 2004
Hi,
The set up I have is the following : Looking at the handlebars whilst sat on the bike, Lefthand side I have Rear Brake combined with Chainring Changer & on the Righthand side I have Front Brake with Pinion Changer.

The reason I ask if this is correct is, I live in Spain, Europe and the man in the bikeshop told me that in Spain the set up is the following: Chainrings/Front Brake & Pinions/Rear Brake.

As I bought the bike in the UK I just want to know if they have assembled the bike wrong in the UK or, that in Europe they assemble the otherway around.

regards
androo

It's correct for the UK. Depending on which country you're in, the levers will only go on one way, otherwise they just won't work properly.

androo said:
Hi,
The set up I have is the following : Looking at the handlebars whilst sat on the bike, Lefthand side I have Rear Brake combined with Chainring Changer & on the Righthand side I have Front Brake with Pinion Changer.

The reason I ask if this is correct is, I live in Spain, Europe and the man in the bikeshop told me that in Spain the set up is the following: Chainrings/Front Brake & Pinions/Rear Brake.

As I bought the bike in the UK I just want to know if they have assembled the bike wrong in the UK or, that in Europe they assemble the otherway around.

regards
androo
Brakes can be routed either way, depending on preference. The most common configuration is left for front brake and right for rear brake. With current equipment, left always shifts front derailleur and right always shifts rear derailleur.