gear inch to mph formula

Johnson..

Guest
Hi All
Looking for this formula:

chainring / cog x wheel size x pi /
88 /something x cadence = miles per hour

the rest i forget but it gives the speed based on cadence in
mph. Anyone know the rest or something other formula that
does the job? Thanks a bunch.

If I remember correctly, gear inches times cadence divided
by 336 equals mph. Try Sheldon Brown though, I have been
wrong in the past. Skip

johnson.. wrote:
> Hi All Looking for this formula:
>
> chainring / cog x wheel size x pi /
> 88 /something x cadence = miles per hour
>
> the rest i forget but it gives the speed based on cadence
> in mph. Anyone know the rest or something other formula
> that does the job? Thanks a bunch.

Email me if you want an Excel spreadsheet that calculate
gear inches, development (in meters) and mph for a given
crank rpm for triple crank, da Vinci quad, SRAM DualDrive,
Schlumpf Speed and Mountain drives, Rohloff hubs, jack-shaft
step-up gear, and Rotator type mid-drive systems.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Hi Tom Thanks for the offer but avast virus scanner will not
allow any attachments to be opened on this computer.

--
Radio Frequency IDentity tags. The end of privacy.
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/169
"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> johnson.. wrote:
> > Hi All
> > Looking for this formula:
> >
> > chainring /
> > cog x
> > wheel size x
> > pi /
> > 88 /
> > something x
> > cadence =
> > miles per hour
> >
> > the rest i forget but it gives the speed based on cadence in mph. Anyone
> > know the rest or something other formula that does the job? Thanks a
bunch.

> Email me if you want an Excel spreadsheet that calculate gear inches,
> development (in meters) and mph for a given crank rpm for triple crank,
> da Vinci quad, SRAM DualDrive, Schlumpf Speed and Mountain drives,
> Rohloff hubs, jack-shaft step-up gear, and Rotator type mid-drive systems.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Hi Yous I just used your formula, looks about right. Thanks

"frank & alma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If I remember correctly, gear inches times cadence divided
> by 336 equals mph. Try Sheldon Brown though, I have been
> wrong in the past. Skip

If you know gear inches, then at 100 rpm multiply GI by .3 to give
approximate speed ie 80 inches = 24 mph.
"johnson.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi All Looking for this formula:
>
> chainring / cog x wheel size x pi /
> 88 /something x cadence = miles per hour
>
> the rest i forget but it gives the speed based on cadence
> in mph. Anyone know the rest or something other formula
> that does the job? Thanks a
bunch.