Gear ratios

In message id <[email protected]> on Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:05:04 +0100, Dave
Larrington wrote in uk.rec.cycling :

>Peter Clinch wrote:
>
>> Welcome to the magical world of tenements and similar dwelling spaces! I must admit my chances
>> of wanting to own a Streetmachine if I still lived up a flight of stairs would be somewhere
>> around 0%...
>
>That was one of the more important criteria when seeking out my current abode. "Must have shed or
>garage accessible without having to drag bicycles through the house" I said. This confuses estate
>agents no end.

Letting agents are no better. Current requirement which was communicated in writing and then
verbally is for unfurnished ground floor flat so that I don't have to drag a bike up a flight or
more of stairs every day and with storage areas so there's somewhere to park it out of the way when
I am indoors.

Of 10 seen so far, 6 have been 1st floor, one on the 2nd and one on the 4th floor. Some had a garage
"somewhere" nearby. The 2 ground floor jobs were fully furnished!!

The next agent that shows me shite will get a mouthful back!

--
If you must reply by email remove SPAM BLOKA and hope your message isn't deleted on sight.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:07:28 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just in time to allow the gales and downpours of ColdRain to cover it in **** again...

Ah, I noticed that Warmrain was drawing to a close.

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com New!
Improved!! Now with added extra Demon!