Gee, where is everyone?

TimC

Guest
Must all be out on a bike ride, or something. What a lovely day for
it, too.

--
TimC
"Warning: Do not look into laser with remaining eye" -- a physics experiment

TimC said:
Must all be out on a bike ride, or something. What a lovely day for
it, too.

me, veging out half watching the 2wheelers at Phillip Island.
Raced this morning when it was still nice and cloudy.
Rode home with my new Zefal Universal Mirror mounted on the top bar.
Surprising good view under the seat, between the legs.

aeek <[email protected]> wrote:
> Rode home with my new 'Zefal Universal Mirror'
> (http://www.cyclesmart.co.uk/shop/index.php/product/mirrors/MR472.html)
> mounted on the top bar.
> Surprising good view under the seat, between the legs.

That looks like a useful mirror. Most of the one's I've tried have been
too affected by vibration to be of any real use. They also sit on the
outside of the bars, making it impossible to lean the bike against a
wall. How does this one perform vibration-wise? Do you get a good view
of the traffic behind?

Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

TimC said:
Must all be out on a bike ride, or something. What a lovely day for it, too.

Or gardening & fixing up the veggie patch. Do have other interests other than cycling. shock! horror! ;)

cfsmtb said:
Or gardening & fixing up the veggie patch. Do have other interests other than cycling. shock! horror! ;)

A good diet is useful for cycling, amusing cats is mentally useful for cycling.
Belgian beer, well its belgian so it must be good for cycling!

TimC wrote:
> Must all be out on a bike ride, or something. What a lovely day for
> it, too.

Enjoying an exercise free weekend. Winter running training ended last
week, summer trainng for Kew crits and triathlons starts next week.

DaveB "ahh the serenity"

TimC said:
Must all be out on a bike ride, or something. What a lovely day for it, too.

Just getting aquainted with London nightlife.. Fri and Sat nights = no sleep.
I did get a few hours kip on a mate's futon Sat morning. Fun Fun Fun!! :D

ATB gets front page on the Age website.. go bike!

hippy
"Ride..?"

Well they weren't BRing that's for sure. Only Blah and myself yesterday for a shortened ride.
I'm surprised he hasn't gloated already about his new land speed record....

craigster_jd said:
Well they weren't BRing that's for sure. Only Blah and myself yesterday for a shortened ride.
I'm surprised he hasn't gloated already about his new land speed record....

WTF? 'we' can deny it's existence unless witnessed by a quorum of a.b.ers :D

F"rule-inventor"Dutch

flyingdutch wrote:
> craigster_jd Wrote:
> > Well they weren't BRing that's for sure. Only Blah and myself yesterday
> > for a shortened ride.
> > I'm surprised he hasn't gloated already about his new land speed
> > record....

> WTF? 'we' can deny it's existence unless witnessed by a quorum of
> a.b.ers :D
>
> F"rule-inventor"Dutch

Well here goes...

At the fruit depot at the top of the big downhill I looked back and saw
a tradie in a ute coming up behind - gave the 'car back' call and moved
over so he could come by before things got fast. He went past and it
was about then that I realsied he'd have to slow down to take the
rather sharp (90 degree) left hander before the hill proper starts.
'Excellent' I thought, much like Monty Burns, and cranked to try to
catch a nice draft. Just caught him as we came out of the corner,
picking up speed nicely when his brake lights go on. WTF? Thought he
may just not want to speed, but then he speeds up a little, then brakes
again. Was wondering if he had seen me and wanted to mess with me, so I
braked a bit, still in his draft. Then it became clear as we hit the
steep bit that he was adjusting speed so I could draft him - nice one,
tradie! Still had to brake a bit to stop running up his backside, but
had a huge smile on my dial from there on. He waved me around after
we'd slowed down a bit to say 'you were doing over ninety!' and to give
a big thumbs up. I thanked him for 'making my day' and he went on,
still grinning.
For what it's worth, the flightdeck recorded 99.0kph, braking at the
fast bit (would have liked to crack the ton, but oh well.
Rest of the ride with Craig was enjoyable; took it nice'n'easy as we
both have dodgy form and had had too much alcohol the night before.
Great weather, great company (if not enough of it). All good.

blah said:
[...]

Cheataaaarrrr!!! :D respect, tho :rolleyes:

99kph! Woooot. I think that get's placed in the 'assisted' category tho.
Altho drafting Gags might also qualify as same :D
Now that the weather is drier/warmer and my head's almost 'fixed' i might start pushing it a bit (still braking :( )

Peter McCallum said:
aeek <[email protected]> wrote:
> Rode home with my new 'Zefal Universal Mirror'
> (http://www.cyclesmart.co.uk/shop/index.php/product/mirrors/MR472.html)
> mounted on the top bar.
> Surprising good view under the seat, between the legs.

How does this one perform vibration-wise? Do you get a good view
of the traffic behind?

No vibration but I tend to knock it at the light. Good view straight behind, but limited by the legs.
Was good enough to see the bus signalling for its stop so I could sprint ahead.
Convex so (probably) no good for straight country roads.

blah said:
flyingdutch wrote:
> craigster_jd Wrote:
> > Well they weren't BRing that's for sure. Only Blah and myself yesterday
> > for a shortened ride.
> > I'm surprised he hasn't gloated already about his new land speed
> > record....

> WTF? 'we' can deny it's existence unless witnessed by a quorum of
> a.b.ers :D
>
> F"rule-inventor"Dutch

Well here goes...

[snip]

For what it's worth, the flightdeck recorded 99.0kph, braking at the
fast bit (would have liked to crack the ton, but oh well.
Rest of the ride with Craig was enjoyable; took it nice'n'easy as we
both have dodgy form and had had too much alcohol the night before.
Great weather, great company (if not enough of it). All good.

99? Wow! Although it was power assisted, 99 is still f-fast!

Ritch

flyingdutch said:
Cheataaaarrrr!!! :D respect, tho :rolleyes:
99kph! Woooot. I think that get's placed in the 'assisted' category tho.
Altho drafting Gags might also qualify as same :D
Now that the weather is drier/warmer and my head's almost 'fixed' i might start pushing it a bit (still braking :( )

I don't brake down there and I never got near 99kph. Nice work!

hippy
"We need bigger fscking gears!"