GeeDubya's Bike Wreck Redux

SMMB <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
> news:[email protected]...
>> Michael <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > "Raoul Duke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

> ago.

> slip on

> Texas

>> > There are many many things I dislike about GWB, but being
>> > a mountain biker or falling as a mountain biker is not one of
>> > them. Been there in a big way more than once.

>> That isn't the point. The point is it's hyped to the public as a
>> superhuman macho triumph where his heart rate is measured against that of
>> the winner of the TdF, the climbs, descents are never average: they are
>> epic, described like those in the Rockies, those riding with him can never
>> keep up. Get real, physically, he's an average joe in decent shape with
>> bad knees (his own admission). He's 58, only started riding in Febr. (his
>> own admission) yet he out rides the world, dazzles with daring do,
>> continues where his retinue falls by the wayside, their bones broken.
>> When was the last time a Fred rode consistently like that? One final
>> question? He claims it help clear his mind. Of what?
>>
>> > M.

> Did the photos show the secret service agents running alongside ??

They were carefully airbrushed out...

> --
> Bonne route,

> Sandy
> Paris FR

Michael <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Clovis Lark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Michael <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > "Raoul Duke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > There are many many things I dislike about GWB, but being
>> > a mountain biker or falling as a mountain biker is not one of
>> > them. Been there in a big way more than once.

>> That isn't the point.

> Well, that isn't your point. There are many points.

One being that even when recreating, the prez's myth spinners tell lies...

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> CowPunk wrote:
> > 960 acres ~ 1 sq. mi.

> Are you a product of the Texas school system?

Yes, and proud to be an Aggie!
but I'm not afraid to admit I made a mistake...

640 Acres = 1 sq.mi.

Sorry, out "ranch" was 960 acres, and sometimes I
have a brain fart.

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 04:49:22 GMT, "Jim Flom" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>Word up. The Commander in Chief runs a sub 7 minute mile.

> So what drugs do you think he's taking? And who's supplying?

perhaps these drugs have something to do with it :

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4921.shtml

> Actually, one article said he is moving fromrunning to bicycling
> because its easier on his joints. Us people over 50 can identify.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote...

[...]

> AP Exclusive: Bush the mountain-biker rides hard, shrugs off crash
>
> SCOTT LINDLAW, Associated Press Writer
> Monday, July 26, 2004
>
> (07-26) 18:43 PDT CRAWFORD, Texas (AP) --
>
> President Bush charged up punishing climbs and down steep dirt paths
> on his high-performance bike Monday, at one point sailing over the
> handlebars and landing flat on his back.

So Bush is now a cyclist. Does he shave his legs?

Spartakus <[email protected]> wrote:
> Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote...

> [...]

>> AP Exclusive: Bush the mountain-biker rides hard, shrugs off crash
>>
>> SCOTT LINDLAW, Associated Press Writer
>> Monday, July 26, 2004
>>
>> (07-26) 18:43 PDT CRAWFORD, Texas (AP) --
>>
>> President Bush charged up punishing climbs and down steep dirt paths
>> on his high-performance bike Monday, at one point sailing over the
>> handlebars and landing flat on his back.

> So Bush is now a cyclist. Does he shave his legs?

http://www.ptd.net/webnews/xwd/at/cn22622.html

He shaves something:

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/04/05/con04243.html

Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Ken Papai <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Dan Chatten" <[email protected]> wrote .com...
> >> I hope that I am hammering miles when I am his age, and can say I took
> >> a good header :)

> > ...versus Clinton who would jog 3 miles, then scarf down Big Macs and fries.

> > To be President, and still find time to mtn bike, and take risks and crash
> > means he is getting into it.

> Or stoopid(sic)
>
> > If you don't crash then you're NOT trying.

YOU ALL FORGET -- we are talking about MTN BIKING, not solo road bike stuff.
QUIT TWISTING your follow-ups.

Thanks, Ken

> Damn, I thought Lance was trying up ALpe d'Huez. I stand corrected.
> Thanks.
>
> > -ken

>From: [email protected] (K. J. Papai)
Lost track of who said what and not going back.
>> > If you don't crash then you're NOT trying.

KJP>YOU ALL FORGET -- we are talking about MTN BIKING, not solo road bike
stuff.
>QUIT TWISTING your follow-ups.
>
>Thanks, Ken

I thought that was in reference to cat 5 crits or C men 'cross.
Bill C

>> There are many many things I dislike about GWB, but being
>> a mountain biker or falling as a mountain biker is not one of
>> them. Been there in a big way more than once.

> That isn't the point. The point is it's hyped to the public as a
> superhuman macho triumph where his heart rate is measured against that of

Actually, the point to this whole story should be the fact that he didn't
let the first spill deter him from getting back on the bike and going out
again. Or this last spill, where he got right back up, dusted himself off
and continued on his way. Nobody would ever accuse him, or me of being a
top-ranked bicyclist. I will, however, accuse him of having the guts to
get back on the bike and taking those chances again.

And for the record, no, I won't be voting for GWB in November and I will
not be voting for Kerry either. Unless I see something in a third party
candidate that strikes me as worthy, I will vote None Of The Above.

------
Dave Casey - Realtor
www.LasVegasHomesDirect.com
[email protected]

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ken Papai wrote:
> >> If you don't crash then you're NOT trying.

> Tim Lines wrote:
> > You should identify your quotes by using quotation marks and proper
> > attribution. Like this:
> >
> > "If you don't crash then you're NOT trying." -- Tyler Hamilton.

> "If you don't break your collar bone then you're NOT trying." -- Cadel
> Evans.

Then there's no doubting that Cadel has been trying very hard. Three
times in 2003, as I recall. (That's starting to rival some motorcycle
roadracers.)

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Word up. The Commander in Chief runs a sub 7 minute mile.

> So what drugs do you think he's taking? And who's supplying?

> Actually, one article said he is moving fromrunning to bicycling
> because its easier on his joints. ...

Joints? The Commander in Chief inhales?
I'm going to have to rethink a few things.

Ben

P.S. Are you _sure_ **** Cheney runs a sub 7 minute mile?

On 29 Jul 2004 22:30:11 -0700, Benjamin Weiner <[email protected]> wrote:

>Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> >Word up. The Commander in Chief runs a sub 7 minute mile.

>> So what drugs do you think he's taking? And who's supplying?

>> Actually, one article said he is moving fromrunning to bicycling
>> because its easier on his joints. ...

>Joints? The Commander in Chief inhales?

Nah, if he did, he'd have an 18 basket disk golf course on the ranch instead.

>I'm going to have to rethink a few things.
>
>Ben
>
>P.S. Are you _sure_ **** Cheney runs a sub 7 minute mile?

No, but Rumsfield can. It was part of the biomorph upgrade they did in '98.

Ron

Dave Casey <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> There are many many things I dislike about GWB, but being
>>> a mountain biker or falling as a mountain biker is not one of
>>> them. Been there in a big way more than once.

>> That isn't the point. The point is it's hyped to the public as a
>> superhuman macho triumph where his heart rate is measured against that of

> Actually, the point to this whole story should be the fact that he didn't
> let the first spill deter him from getting back on the bike and going out
> again. Or this last spill, where he got right back up, dusted himself off
> and continued on his way. Nobody would ever accuse him, or me of being a
> top-ranked bicyclist. I will, however, accuse him of having the guts to
> get back on the bike and taking those chances again.

Having the guts not to learn from his errors...

Tom Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Holden Caufield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> 12,000 feet in 3 or 4 seconds ? The plane would have disintegrated at

> that
>> rate, let alone recovery from the dive would have been impossible.
>> http://www.thesunlink.com/news/99november/daily/1124b1b.html

> In case you were unaware of it, an air pocket is not a dive.

You still haven't explained what an exagerated recount of an airplane
incident 650 miles west of the Court of a Connecticut Yankee in Crawford
has to tell us about hills there.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Holden Caufield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > 12,000 feet in 3 or 4 seconds ? The plane would have disintegrated at

> that
> > rate, let alone recovery from the dive would have been impossible.
> > http://www.thesunlink.com/news/99november/daily/1124b1b.html

> In case you were unaware of it, an air pocket is not a dive.

Uh, Tom, I think you might be mistaken about your cited distance or time
in this. You said the plane "lost 12,000 feet of altitude in about 3 or 4
seconds". 12,000 feet is 2.273 miles, so to move that distance in 4 seconds
would mean the plane was going 2045 miles per hour; to cover that same
distance in 3 seconds would convert to 2727 mph. A 707 has a cruise speed
of 550 mph, and I don't think it could survive a sink rate as high as the
numbers I gave above. It certainly couldn't survive the acceleration and
deceleration required to achieve those speeds in that time. Also, I'm not
sure what you mean by an "air pocket" in this situation. Massive downdraft?
Just curious...

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

>> top-ranked bicyclist. I will, however, accuse him of having the guts
>> to get back on the bike and taking those chances again.

> Having the guts not to learn from his errors...

So, you're saying that if someone like Lance were to take a tumble and then
do it again a few days later, he didn't learn from his mistake? Are you
saying that when we watch an X-gamer take a tumble, something I'm sure
they've done many times before, they didn't learn from their mistakes?

GWB took a couple of tumbles on a mountain bike and kept going. Where is
the mistake in that?

You must be absolutely perfect in that you've never repeated a fall while
riding.

------
Dave Casey - Realtor
www.LasVegasHomesDirect.com
[email protected]

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 02:46:32 GMT, Dave Casey <[email protected]>
wrote:

>>> top-ranked bicyclist. I will, however, accuse him of having the guts
>>> to get back on the bike and taking those chances again.

>> Having the guts not to learn from his errors...

>So, you're saying that if someone like Lance were to take a tumble and then
>do it again a few days later, he didn't learn from his mistake? Are you
>saying that when we watch an X-gamer take a tumble, something I'm sure
>they've done many times before, they didn't learn from their mistakes?
>
>GWB took a couple of tumbles on a mountain bike and kept going. Where is
>the mistake in that?

With some people GWB breathing is a mistake. There is nothing Bush can do that
they will concede was not a bad thing.

Ron

Dave Casey <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> top-ranked bicyclist. I will, however, accuse him of having the guts
>>> to get back on the bike and taking those chances again.

>> Having the guts not to learn from his errors...

> So, you're saying that if someone like Lance were to take a tumble and then
> do it again a few days later, he didn't learn from his mistake? Are you
> saying that when we watch an X-gamer take a tumble, something I'm sure
> they've done many times before, they didn't learn from their mistakes?

> GWB took a couple of tumbles on a mountain bike and kept going. Where is
> the mistake in that?

That, he still doesn't know how to use his brakes after 6 months///