Geelong (area) bike retailer closures

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by powinc, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. powinc

    powinc New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2003
    I rode past Geelong City Cycles the other day and it was closed up. It wasn't much of a business anyway and can understand how it went bust. But I then realised it was the 5th shop to close in the area over the last 5 years.

    The retailers to have closed have been:
    Canyon Cycles - Geelong City
    Geelong Triathlon Centre - Geelong City
    Epi Cycles - Torquay
    Hendry Cycles - Drysdale
    Geelong City Cycles - Grovedale

    These closures seem to go against a trend that more retailers have opened in the same period in Melbourne's CBD. For example SBR & CHM (Bourke St)??

    powinc

    Tags:

  2. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    "powinc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I rode past Geelong City Cycles the other day and it was
    > closed up. It wasn't much of a business anyway and can
    > understand how it went bust. But I then realised it was
    > the 5th shop to close in the area over the last 5 years.
    >
    > The retailers to have closed have been: Canyon Cycles -
    > Geelong City Geelong Triathlon Centre - Geelong City Epi
    > Cycles - Torquay Hendry Cycles - Drysdale Geelong City
    > Cycles - Grovedale
    >
    > These closures seem to go against a trend that more
    > retailers have opened in the same period in Melbourne's
    > CBD. For example SBR & CHM (Bourke St)??
    >
    > powinc

    and against the trend that reportedly the participation rate
    is increasing.