Geezus. A salesman who put integrity before an easy sale!

vegasbabee

Mar 20, 2005
I'm in the market for a roadbike to compliment my hybrid cycle for about $1000 and this very knowledgeable salesman at one of the LBS in fitted me for a 60-61 cm frame.

There was a black 2004 62cm Specialized Allez on close-out for $499.99 (about 1/2 off!) that caught my eye with 105/Tiagra components. I straddled it and I had about 1" "teabag clearance" but when I assumed a riding position, he said "I'm not going to sell you this bike because you are way to stretched out and you will not be happy with this bike in the long run. It's a little too big for you". :eek:

I was kind of shocked because I used to be in auto sales and we got cash incentives from aggressive managers to sell old stock and avoid ordering out-of stock items if possible - you know, whittle down the inventory (I knew salesmen who literally slammed people into cars for a test drive and strong-arm them to buying something that wasn't even what they wanted!):rolleyes:

I'm so impressed with this salesman that I will buy from him, once I get a few bills in order (either a Trek 1500 or Cannondale R700). I have talked to some rather indifferent jack-offs at the some other bike stores and this kid definitely has my confidence!:D

I don't blame you! That sounds like an LBS that has learned how to hang on to their customers.

And by the way, I got an 05 Trek 1500 for a family member for Christmas. They have been putting serious daily miles on their bike ever since and love it. It ranks as one of the best bang-for-the-buck bikes that I have ever purchased. ;)

I have the Trek 1200 so it has the same frame as the 1500 just Tiagra/105 components. A good ride indeed.

TKOS said:
I have the Trek 1200 so it has the same frame as the 1500 just Tiagra/105 components. A good ride indeed.
Yeah . i wanted to lookat the at 1200. Everybody around here stocks the 1000/1500/2000, but they seem to neglect the 1200.:confused: