Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

GEL 280's, OK for general use riding?

Started by thotdoc · · Last activity · 2 posts · 796 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 November 2003
Last activity
30 November 2003
Original author
thotdoc
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
796
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a chance to buy some GEL 280's with 36 holes for a good price. They are new and still wrapped in celophane.

    I weigh 180# with strong legs.

    I'd build them with SAPIMC-XRay spokes.

    Does anyone know if the 280s are strong enough for training rides?

    Thanks,

    Gordon

  2. I don't think that I would buy them. They are 280gram sew-up rims that were used for racing. I use to race on the gel330 along time ago and the 280 were for guys that were lighter. If you wanted to buy them you could use them for awhile but after you trashed them you would have some 36 hole hubs that would be pretty useless for todays rims. The GEL's were great racing sew-up rims.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.