Gel Saddle cusions from walmart.

Mr. Freeman

Mar 4, 2007
Walmart sells these gel cusions for bike saddles, and I've been wondering about them. has anyone tried it? are they effective?

thanks in advance...

Mr. Freeman said:
Walmart sells these gel cusions for bike saddles, and I've been wondering about them. has anyone tried it? are they effective?

thanks in advance...
I don't like them because they add friction and they made my **** slide around too much. This may sound contradictory, but I do use one when I hook my bike to the trainer; that way I don't have to wear my cycling shorts for an indoor training session. However, what does the saddle cover cost, 15 bucks? Might as well try it. If you don't like it u could take it back or use it when hooked to a trainer.
Ken.

Mr. Freeman said:

thanks in advance...
Those cushy covers allow your butt to sink in so your weight is supported by soft tissue instead of your sit bones. Not recommended if you are going to ride a serioius distance.

It's counter-intuitive, but a "hard" saddle is more comfortable than a soft one, providing it fits you and your butt has been toughened by a few hundred miles of riding.

If you have a road bike, and ride long distance, or even 5 miles, don't go with, the most comfterble seats I've been on are stiff and thin.