General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Gelatin sheet vs. gelatin envelope

Started by Digitalvinyl · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,140 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 December 2003
Last activity
17 December 2003
Original author
Digitalvinyl
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,140
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I found a recipe that includes a white chocolate mousse. However the recipe calls for two "gelatin
    sheets". All I could find were envelopes (4 envelopes = 1 oz). Anyone know what the translation is
    between sheets and the Knox gelatin envelopes? 1 for 1?

    the white mousse ingredients are as follows:

    6 oz. white chocolate 2 oz. butter 1 oz. water 2 gelatin sheets 3 eggs separated 4 oz. cream
    3 oz. sugar

    Thanks.

    DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

  2. DigitalVinyl said:

    I found a recipe that includes a white chocolate mousse. However the recipe calls for two "gelatin
    sheets". All I could find were envelopes (4 envelopes = 1 oz). Anyone know what the translation is
    between sheets and the Knox gelatin envelopes? 1 for 1?

    For the sheets I use (King Arthur) the equivalence is five sheets equals one envelope.

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta [email hidden] kaszeta.orgrich

  3. After a couple of dead-ends, found this in a cooking Q&A:

    "As a rule, four sheets of leaf gelatin are equal to one 1/4-ounce envelope or 1 tablespoon of
    granulated gelatin. This is enough to gel 2 cups of liquid"

    DigitalVinyl said:

    I found a recipe that includes a white chocolate mousse. However the recipe calls for two "gelatin
    sheets". All I could find were envelopes (4 envelopes = 1 oz). Anyone know what the translation is
    between sheets and the Knox gelatin envelopes? 1 for 1?

    the white mousse ingredients are as follows:

    6 oz. white chocolate 2 oz. butter 1 oz. water 2 gelatin sheets 3 eggs separated 4 oz. cream 3
    oz. sugar

    Thanks.

    DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

    DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

  4. DigitalVinyl said:

    I found a recipe that includes a white chocolate mousse. However the recipe calls for two "gelatin
    sheets". All I could find were envelopes (4 envelopes = 1 oz). Anyone know what the translation is
    between sheets and the Knox gelatin envelopes? 1 for 1?

    See section 2.7.4 of the rec.food.cooking FAQ.

    Victor

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.