Gemini 1000?

Bruce Edge

Guest
I know you guys are all anti-cdale, for some good reasons too, but I have to get a new bike, mine is
toast. Ovalized head tube nd BB housing, etc...

I need something beefier than an XC bike. Sure I'd prefer an Id, La Bruja or an RFX , but I
don't hage $3k+

Is this thing a POS, or will it stand up to the same abuse that destroyed my Jekyll?
http://wheelworld.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=1790&Catalog=39&sort=Price

-Bruce.

"bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> I know you guys are all anti-cdale, for some good reasons too, but I have to get a new bike, mine
> is toast. Ovalized head tube nd BB housing, etc...
>
> I need something beefier than an XC bike. Sure I'd prefer an Id, La Bruja or an RFX , but I don't
> hage $3k+
>
> Is this thing a POS, or will it stand up to the same abuse that destroyed my Jekyll?
> http://wheelworld.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=1790&Catalog=39&sort=Price
>
> -Bruce.

Don't do it.....actually I've heard they ride pretty nice, but workmanship is highly suspect. C-Dale
(IIRC) is in the midst og being sold and who knows what the warranty situation will be. IMHO, I
think you're better off looking for a good quality used rig from
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=29 and/or the classifieds on
http://mtbr.com/

Many people that are trying to sell stuff are hurting big time right now because it's not selling.
It a buyers market right now if ever there was one.

Besides I thought Wheelworld had some other good deals at their WH store. I'll be there tomorrow
(looking for some DH shorts) and will check out the bikes too. I plan on hitting SuperBlow and maybe
a few others...I check around. What size do you ride?

--
Slacker

I don't want to be seen as THE C'dale supporter but a little research on the Chap 11 situation will
ease your mind on that issue (facts, not inuendo) I agree workmanship may be an issue, but I have
also rarely seen C'dale turn down a warranty either in contrast to other manufacturers. I think the
same rule always applies - Ride it before you buy it...

news:Y2Oea.22066$S%[email protected]... "bruce edge"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> I know you guys are all anti-cdale, for some good reasons too, but I have to get a new bike, mine
> is toast. Ovalized head tube nd BB housing, etc...
>
> I need something beefier than an XC bike. Sure I'd prefer an Id, La Bruja or an RFX , but I don't
> hage $3k+
>
> Is this thing a POS, or will it stand up to the same abuse that destroyed my Jekyll?
> http://wheelworld.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=1790&Catalog=39&sort=Price
>
> -Bruce.

Don't do it.....actually I've heard they ride pretty nice, but workmanship is highly suspect. C-Dale
(IIRC) is in the midst og being sold and who knows what the warranty situation will be. IMHO, I
think you're better off looking for a good quality used rig from
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=29 and/or the classifieds on
http://mtbr.com/

Many people that are trying to sell stuff are hurting big time right now because it's not selling.
It a buyers market right now if ever there was one.

Besides I thought Wheelworld had some other good deals at their WH store. I'll be there tomorrow
(looking for some DH shorts) and will check out the bikes too. I plan on hitting SuperBlow and maybe
a few others...I check around. What size do you ride?

--
Slacker

Yes, the Chapt. 11 doesn't appear to be affecting their bike division, and hardly has made a dent on
sales or sale prices (at least on eBay last I checked). Having said that, the Gemini is a sweet
looking ride, but I'd hesitate due to the frame issues they have had with this specific model.
Warranty situations with Cannondale are never an issue, unless you have a crappy local bike shop.

--
gopherhockey

*saturday, april 6, 2002*;- xcel energy center (att: 19,324)- 1st per: ballard 10 (riddle, angell),
7:18 (pp); 2nd per: pohl 27 (anthony, angell), 5:38; 3rd per: koalska 10 (riddle, pohl), 19:07; ot:
potulny 15 (pohl, leopold), 16:58 (pp)
East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

It will hold up to some punishment. It's a c-dale though. Your paying for american built stuff. They
have a great MFG process, and good QC. If it were any other model though I would say forget it.

TJ Buy it big, and heavy.