General Training Help

DirtTurtle

May 17, 2007
Heres the deal, im 19, 6ft even weighing 61kg's (134.5 pounds). Been riding for a year, last 2 months serious workout >5 times a week.
Im putting on sum decent muscle mass, but i know im overtraining coz im constantly sore in the legs, often doing 10 hard rides in a row. The thing is im starting with a club in july, and have a great fear of not even being close to their fitness level.
Just looking if any1 can give me advice to get the best cardio workout(im stuggling to get anything to push this), and also other general tips that can help me prepare for racing in the shortest amount of time ie what areas to work on and how i should do this. Like i said im overtraining atm, but at the same time i cant afford to slack off coz i need to get maximum fitness in the shortest possible time, not an easy task, especially coz im a solo rider and dont know what i stuggle at.

Regardless of how little time you have left to prepare, beating yourself to a pulp won't improve your fitness any faster and could hamper your progress instead. Don't try to cram for this.

What kind of racing are you preparing for? What does your typical workout routine look like now? We'll need some more info in order to make any meaningful suggestions for things to do differently.

One thing I would suggest is that you take more opportunities to recover. The body gets weaker during the ride, and only gets stronger when it has ample opportunity to rest and rebuild. If you deny the recovery, then you won't see the improvement.

Ok to spun out, im taking mushashi bulk power (if thats how u spell it) for protein & carbs, as well as having 2 eggs in a milk shake (Dont eat plain cooked eggs make me feel ill). As for french, racing is mainly a mix of hills and flat. The hills include no more than regular 200m climb, and up to 10 of these per race, most courses are up and down on small hills. The biggest is an 8km straight climb, i have done this a few times, but can only average 15-18km max. I maybe will back off on the climbs as ive had a 2 day break and felt a lot better on the bike, but at the same time if any1 reads this id like sum good info on either the terrain i ride or training tips that would help me. These of course as i stated would be the ways to help improve my performance on this terrain, and also general intro stuff to racing including spints etc

Thanks for the time already dedicated to the posters

watch your nutrition make sure you are eating plenty of good stuff so you have more energy and recover properly.

training breaks down muscle and DECREASES fitness, its the recovery that improves your power.

get a coach and some support from people who have experience in racing.