genetically modified carbs

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Tcomeau, Jun 12, 2004.

  1. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=14988

    "More than two-thirds of processed foods in American
    supermarkets contain ingredients derived from gene-spliced
    organisms--mostly high-fructose corn syrup from gene-spliced
    corn and derivatives of gene-spliced soybeans."

    TC

    Tags:

  2. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

  3. Jmk

    Jmk Guest

    On 6/12/2004 10:52 AM, tcomeau wrote:
    > [email protected] (tcomeau) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=14988
    >>
    >>"More than two-thirds of processed foods in American
    >>supermarkets contain ingredients derived from gene-spliced
    >>organisms--mostly high-fructose corn syrup from gene-
    >>spliced corn and derivatives of gene-spliced soybeans."
    >>
    >>TC
    >

    > Does this not concern anyone?
    >
    > TC

    Does what concern us? The GMO foods or the HFCS? The concept
    of GMO foods does not concern me but the lack of testing
    does. I do not want to be a guinea pig of Monsanto, thank
    you very much.

    --
    jmk in NC

  4. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    jmk <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 6/12/2004 10:52 AM, tcomeau wrote:
    > > [email protected] (tcomeau) wrote in message news:<-
    > > [email protected]>...
    > >
    > >>http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=14988
    > >>
    > >>"More than two-thirds of processed foods in American
    > >>supermarkets contain ingredients derived from gene-
    > >>spliced organisms--mostly high-fructose corn syrup from
    > >>gene-spliced corn and derivatives of gene-spliced
    > >>soybeans."
    > >>
    > >>TC
    > >

    > > Does this not concern anyone?
    > >
    > > TC
    >
    > Does what concern us? The GMO foods or the HFCS? The
    > concept of GMO foods does not concern me but the lack of
    > testing does. I do not want to be a guinea pig of
    > Monsanto, thank you very much.

    If you eat any processed or pre-prepared food, there is a
    very good chance that you've consumed hfcs and/or gmo food
    and you are now officially a bona-fide Monsanto guinea pig.

    TC