Gentleman's chaffing

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. >Before you all say that I'm winding you up, I'm not! Any proper advice
    >appreciated.
    >
    >Ark.
    >


    Savlon liberally applied to the delicate regions can be of immense benefit. Can
    also be fun if you get your nearest & dearest to do the application for you ;-)

    Cheers, helen s



    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--
    to get correct one remove fame & fortune
    h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*[email protected]$*a$o*l.c**$om$

    --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched off--
     
    Tags:


  2. Ark

    Ark Guest

    Slightly embarassing this one!

    On the trainer for only 15 minutes, get off and within a few seconds I
    experience a very nasty stinging sensation, er, well, on my penis. There
    I've said it. It's really nasty and I can hardly walk for a good few
    minutes. This has happened twice to me now and I've only been on the thing 3
    times!

    I've experienced it on the road occasionally, different bikes, different
    shorts and it's really quite distressing. Once in Spain I had to limp of the
    bike and wrap it up in a piece of cloth from my toolbox (no pun intended),
    that seemed to help.

    Am I the only one? How do I stop it? I've read recommendations on this group
    about chaffing of legs etc and the suggestion has been to apply sudecrem -
    suppose I could try dipping it in a tub of this - extra large size tub
    obviously.

    Before you all say that I'm winding you up, I'm not! Any proper advice
    appreciated.

    Ark.


    --
     
  3. On 21 Oct 2004 19:11:27 GMT, [email protected]omcom
    (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

    >>Before you all say that I'm winding you up, I'm not! Any proper advice
    >>appreciated.
    >>
    >>Ark.
    >>

    >
    >Savlon liberally applied to the delicate regions can be of immense benefit. Can
    >also be fun if you get your nearest & dearest to do the application for you ;-)


    Permission to use the "new keyboard" joke again?

    --
    Warning: This user suffers from narcolepppppppppp
    ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
    ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
     
  4. On 21 Oct 2004 19:11:27 GMT, [email protected]omcom
    (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

    >>Before you all say that I'm winding you up, I'm not! Any proper advice
    >>appreciated.
    >>
    >>Ark.
    >>

    >
    >Savlon liberally applied to the delicate regions can be of immense benefit. Can
    >also be fun if you get your nearest & dearest to do the application for you ;-)


    Permission to use the "new keyboard" joke again?

    --
    Warning: This user suffers from narcolepppppppppp
    ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
    ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
     
  5. >Permission to use the "new keyboard" joke again?

    Certainly. urc is the home of old jokes ;-)

    Cheers, helen s


    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--
    to get correct one remove fame & fortune
    h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*[email protected]$*a$o*l.c**$om$

    --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched off--
     
  6. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:22:40 +0100, "Ark" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I've experienced it on the road occasionally, different bikes, different
    >shorts and it's really quite distressing. Once in Spain I had to limp of the
    >bike and wrap it up in a piece of cloth from my toolbox (no pun intended),
    >that seemed to help.
    >
    >Am I the only one? How do I stop it? I've read recommendations on this group
    >about chaffing of legs etc and the suggestion has been to apply sudecrem -
    >suppose I could try dipping it in a tub of this - extra large size tub
    >obviously.


    I've had this problem before, but always because I was doing too much
    mileage in jeans. You've mentioned shorts though, so I'm assuming you
    are wearing cycling gear and not denim....

    Are you wearing any underwear beneath the shorts? If you are, try
    without, and if you aren't maybe try with? How about trying (ladies,
    please avert your eyes now) a jockstrap? That might help keep all the
    bits snug and out of harms way.

    Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest... stuff it in a milk
    bottle and strap that to your leg?
    --

    "Bob"

    'The people have spoken, the bastards'

    Email address is spam trapped.
    To reply directly remove the beverage.
     
  7. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Ark
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Slightly embarassing this one!
    >
    > On the trainer for only 15 minutes, get off and within a few seconds I
    > experience a very nasty stinging sensation, er, well, on my penis.
    > There I've said it. It's really nasty and I can hardly walk for a good
    > few minutes. This has happened twice to me now and I've only been on
    > the thing 3 times!
    >
    > I've experienced it on the road occasionally, different bikes,
    > different shorts and it's really quite distressing. Once in Spain I
    > had to limp of the bike and wrap it up in a piece of cloth from my
    > toolbox (no pun intended), that seemed to help.


    OK, interesting. I used to cycle with a pair of light but stretchy
    briefs under my cycle shorts. This solved the problem of whether one
    'dressed to the left' or 'dressed to the right'. Frankly I find that if
    you dress either way you're in for discomfort and prefer to dress
    straight up. More recently I've taken to wearing my cycle shorts sans
    coullotes, and find this more comfortable, but I still prefer to dress
    straight up..

    I also ride on Brooks saddles. I think this is a large part of it - not
    Brooks specifically, but a hard saddle in a shape which fits you
    personally (the advantage of Brooks saddles is that they will within
    certain limits and over time adapt themselves to fit you personally).

    Consequently it's now many years since I experienced discomfort of the
    kind you refer to.

    In summary, don't let it slip down your leg where it will get pinched
    between your leg muscles and the skirt of the saddle (ouch); make sure
    your saddle supports your sitbones properly so your not putting weight
    on it (ouch ouch).

    Oh, and don't let your shorts get too sweaty - wash them regularly and
    make sure they get properly dried.

    --
    [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    ;; Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat.
     
  8. Ark

    Ark Guest

    "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:22:40 +0100, "Ark" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >snip>
    > I've had this problem before, but always because I was doing too much
    > mileage in jeans. You've mentioned shorts though, so I'm assuming you
    > are wearing cycling gear and not denim....
    >
    > Are you wearing any underwear beneath the shorts? If you are, try
    > without, and if you aren't maybe try with? How about trying (ladies,
    > please avert your eyes now) a jockstrap? That might help keep all the
    > bits snug and out of harms way.
    >


    No underwear, sythetic cammy. Maybe a jock strap - but plenty of blokes must
    ride without underwear or jock strap and yet be perfectly ok.

    > Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest... stuff it in a milk
    > bottle and strap that to your leg?


    Maybe.....

    Cheers,
    Ark.

    > --
    >
    > "Bob"
    >
     
  9. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Ark <[email protected]> wrote:

    : I take your point about dressing straight up, but gravity/movement
    : eventually means it end up on the left or right.

    Your shorts are too big. Get tighter shorts. Seriously. Straight up is
    the way to go (in practice it'll end up being about 45 degrees after
    a bit, but anything "left" or "right" will lead to pain)

    Also get shorts with a good quality synthetic shammy and if helpful
    apply shammy cream.

    Arthur

    --
    Arthur Clune PGP/GPG Key: http://www.clune.org/pubkey.txt
    "Blogs are neither necessary nor sufficient for evil to triumph.
    They're just what we call an enabling technology" - Danny O'Brien
     
  10. On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:22:40 +0100, "Ark" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Slightly embarassing this one!
    >
    >On the trainer for only 15 minutes, get off and within a few seconds I
    >experience a very nasty stinging sensation, er, well, on my penis. There


    Without wishing to be too personal, are you circumcised? It may
    increase the chance or severity or soreness if you are ... Although
    I'm only guessing.


    --
    Warning: This user suffers from narcolepppppppppp
    ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
    ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
     
  11. Ark

    Ark Guest

    "Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > in message <[email protected]>, Ark
    > ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >

    <snip>
    > OK, interesting. I used to cycle with a pair of light but stretchy
    > briefs under my cycle shorts. This solved the problem of whether one
    > 'dressed to the left' or 'dressed to the right'. Frankly I find that if
    > you dress either way you're in for discomfort and prefer to dress
    > straight up. More recently I've taken to wearing my cycle shorts sans
    > coullotes, and find this more comfortable, but I still prefer to dress
    > straight up..
    >
    > I also ride on Brooks saddles. I think this is a large part of it - not
    > Brooks specifically, but a hard saddle in a shape which fits you
    > personally (the advantage of Brooks saddles is that they will within
    > certain limits and over time adapt themselves to fit you personally).
    >
    > Consequently it's now many years since I experienced discomfort of the
    > kind you refer to.
    >
    > In summary, don't let it slip down your leg where it will get pinched
    > between your leg muscles and the skirt of the saddle (ouch); make sure
    > your saddle supports your sitbones properly so your not putting weight
    > on it (ouch ouch).
    >


    I don't think it's getting pinched between leg and seat, but something it
    going on. I can only assume it gets rubbed repeatedly and this causes the
    problem. I can't see it being the seat support - presumably this would
    simply hurt my rear as opposed to anything else.

    I take your point about dressing straight up, but gravity/movement
    eventually means it end up on the left or right.

    Thanks for your reply, at least somebody else knows what I'm talking about.

    Ark.

    > Oh, and don't let your shorts get too sweaty - wash them regularly and
    > make sure they get properly dried.
    >
    > --
    > [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
    >
    > ;; Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat.
     
  12. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:22:40 +0100, "Ark" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Before you all say that I'm winding you up, I'm not! Any proper advice
    >appreciated.


    Liberally rub chili paste on the offending bits. Any pain you had
    will soon be overwhelmed by a new sensation.
     
  13. Richard Bates wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:22:40 +0100, "Ark" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Slightly embarassing this one!
    > >
    > >On the trainer for only 15 minutes, get off and within a few seconds

    I
    > >experience a very nasty stinging sensation, er, well, on my penis.

    There
    >
    > Without wishing to be too personal, are you circumcised? It may
    > increase the chance or severity or soreness if you are ... Although
    > I'm only guessing.


    I was thinking along these lines but then it occurred to me that the
    skin of the glans tends to be more keratinised for no-hats. In fact I
    am guessing that foreskin retraction amongst the uncircumcised might be
    a more likely cause of problems exposing, as it does, some less
    toughened skin and allowing the possibility of pubic hair geting all
    tangled up in the mechanism.

    Have you considered the possibility that you might be suffering from
    thrush or some sort of infection which has sensitised the area? (google
    for balinitis for more info)

    best wishes
    james
     
  14. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Ark
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:22:40 +0100, "Ark" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>snip>
    >> I've had this problem before, but always because I was doing too much
    >> mileage in jeans. You've mentioned shorts though, so I'm assuming you
    >> are wearing cycling gear and not denim....
    >>
    >> Are you wearing any underwear beneath the shorts? If you are, try
    >> without, and if you aren't maybe try with? How about trying (ladies,
    >> please avert your eyes now) a jockstrap? That might help keep all the
    >> bits snug and out of harms way.

    >
    > No underwear, sythetic cammy. Maybe a jock strap - but plenty of
    > blokes must ride without underwear or jock strap and yet be perfectly
    > ok.


    Tighter shorts.

    --
    [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    ;; may contain traces of nuts, bolts or washers.
     
  15. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Have you considered the possibility that you might be suffering from
    > thrush or some sort of infection which has sensitised the area? (google
    > for balinitis for more info)


    What a very Candid answer.

    <dies>

    Jon
     
  16. On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:31:37 +0100, Jon Senior
    <[email protected]_DOT_co_DOT_uk.remove> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    >[email protected] says...
    >> Have you considered the possibility that you might be suffering from
    >> thrush or some sort of infection which has sensitised the area? (google
    >> for balinitis for more info)

    >
    >What a very Candid answer.


    Jon, you are such a fun guy.

    --
    Warning: This user suffers from narcolepppppppppp
    ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
    ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
     
  17. Richard Bates wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:31:37 +0100, Jon Senior
    > <[email protected]_DOT_co_DOT_uk.remove> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <[email protected]>,
    >> [email protected] says...
    >>> Have you considered the possibility that you might be suffering from
    >>> thrush or some sort of infection which has sensitised the area?
    >>> (google for balinitis for more info)

    >>
    >> What a very Candid answer.

    >
    > Jon, you are such a fun guy.


    Mushroom! Mushroom!

    --

    Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
    World Domination?
    Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
    floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)
     
  18. >> Jon, you are such a fun guy.
    >
    >Mushroom! Mushroom!


    A snake! A snake, Snake, a snake, Oh It's a snake!

    Just getting the thread back on topic ;-)

    Cheers, helen s


    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--
    to get correct one remove fame & fortune
    h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*[email protected]$*a$o*l.c**$om$

    --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched off--
     
  19. Gabe R

    Gabe R Guest

    This is a most unusual problem. Most gentelemen's complaints in that
    area deal with the delicate bits (ttesticles) and not the penis..
    Penises are pretty tough buggers and can generally take a lot of abuse,
    with the most common complaint being penile numbness from sitting on the
    nerves in the perinium. The unusual nature of your problem points to a
    unique medical problem rather than a general problem with saddles,
    shorts, etc.
    You describe this as a burning on the surface, rather than some sort of
    internal nerve pain. You don't indicate whether it is at the base of
    the penis or the tip or along the entire length, and if there is any
    visible reddening or rash. Also it sounds like it does not last all
    that long and is not creating a problem for sexual function or
    urination.
    All that might determine whether you need to see a urologist or a
    dermatologist, Best bet is to probably start with a urologist and rule
    out any std's, foreskin problems, etc.
     
  20. Gabe R wrote:
    > This is a most unusual problem....
    > Penises are pretty tough buggers and can generally take a lot of

    abuse

    I know mine has, over the years.
    Which newsgroup was this again?

    IGMC
    james
     
Loading...
Loading...