Gentleman's chaffing

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. On 22 Oct 2004 07:12:40 -0700, "[email protected]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Gabe R wrote:
    >> This is a most unusual problem....
    >> Penises are pretty tough buggers and can generally take a lot of

    >abuse
    >
    >I know mine has, over the years.
    >Which newsgroup was this again?

    No, Mr. Jones, that isn't an erection: It's rigor mortis.

    --
    Warning: This user suffers from narcolepppppppppp
    ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

  2. Brian G

    Brian G Guest

    >>Permission to use the "new keyboard" joke again?

    > Certainly. urc is the home of old jokes ;-)

    So we're all in an Old Jokes' Home?

    --
    Brian G

  3. Ark

    Ark Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Richard Bates wrote:
    > > On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:22:40 +0100, "Ark" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >Slightly embarassing this one!
    > > >
    > > >On the trainer for only 15 minutes, get off and within a few seconds

    > > >experience a very nasty stinging sensation, er, well, on my penis.

    > There
    > >
    > > Without wishing to be too personal, are you circumcised? It may
    > > increase the chance or severity or soreness if you are ... Although
    > > I'm only guessing.

    No, not circumcised.

    > I was thinking along these lines but then it occurred to me that the
    > skin of the glans tends to be more keratinised for no-hats. In fact I
    > am guessing that foreskin retraction amongst the uncircumcised might be
    > a more likely cause of problems exposing, as it does, some less
    > toughened skin and allowing the possibility of pubic hair geting all
    > tangled up in the mechanism.

    That sound plausible. I have noticed that when the problem occurs, 'it'
    has shrivalled up a fair bit and the pain tends to come from the lower part
    of the shrivalled area. I wondered about the pubic hair entanglement as
    well,
    but last time it happened I noticed a small red area on the outer vessel
    thingy on
    part of the shrivalled area. I guess this suggests a fair amount of
    friction/pinching
    of the less toughened skin as per your hypothesis.

    > Have you considered the possibility that you might be suffering from
    > thrush or some sort of infection which has sensitised the area? (google
    > for balinitis for more info)

    I don't think so. But I'll check out 'balinitis'

    Thanks for the information - Ark.

    > best wishes
    > james

  4. Ark

    Ark Guest

    "Gabe R" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > This is a most unusual problem. Most gentelemen's complaints in that
    > area deal with the delicate bits (ttesticles) and not the penis..
    > Penises are pretty tough buggers and can generally take a lot of abuse,
    > with the most common complaint being penile numbness from sitting on the
    > nerves in the perinium.

    It seems numb initially, but within 10seconds of getting off - phew it
    stings like mad
    and I can hardly walk. Does this sound like the perinium nerves being
    pinched?

    The unusual nature of your problem points to a
    > unique medical problem rather than a general problem with saddles,
    > shorts, etc.

    Not sure it is unique given some of the earlier postings saying they've had
    similar
    experiences. When I spoke to a few cycling friends when this first occured
    over a
    decade ago they had never experienced it, so unusual maybe but apparently
    not unique.

    > You describe this as a burning on the surface, rather than some sort of
    > internal nerve pain. You don't indicate whether it is at the base of
    > the penis or the tip or along the entire length, and if there is any
    > visible reddening or rash. Also it sounds like it does not last all
    > that long and is not creating a problem for sexual function or
    > urination.

    A stinging sensation - not burning, it's hard to say exactly where it is
    coming from, since
    there is also a general numbness, so the whole area seems to feel pain. It's
    more at the mid point.
    To be honest, it tends to shrivell up a fair bit and the pain seems to be
    associated with the shrivalled
    section. Shortly after the last episode I noticed a small red mark as
    desicribed in my earlier
    posting this evening.

    It lasts for a few minutes and seems to help if I get back into the warm and
    hold my shorts away from
    the affected area.

    > All that might determine whether you need to see a urologist or a
    > dermatologist, Best bet is to probably start with a urologist and rule
    > out any std's, foreskin problems, etc.

    I really can't see it being an STD, I've been married for ages and the Mrs
    doesn't complaing of anything.
    I'm also pretty repulsive to the opposite sex, apart from the Mrs it would
    seem.

    Everything works and it's only when I'm on the bike that this occurs.

    I' don't really accept the theory that my shorts need to be tighter, they
    are pretty tight - I'll be careful
    to dress upwards as suggested. I might brave the trainer again tonight
    (gulp!) - I'm not looking forward
    to it.

    Cheers - and sorry to have turned uk.rec.cycling into a gory intimate
    medical problem solving arena.

    Ark.

  5. mb

    mb Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:49:38 +0100, Ark wrote:

    [snip painful problem]
    > Cheers - and sorry to have turned uk.rec.cycling into a gory intimate
    > medical problem solving arena.

    Not "pins and needles" is it, or something similar?
    Maybe you can change the angle of your saddle slightly (tilt forward), or
    maybe a different type of saddle.
    --
    Mike

  6. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    >>>Jon, you are such a fun guy.

    >>Mushroom! Mushroom!

    > A snake! A snake, Snake, a snake, Oh It's a snake!

    You are Bazza McKenzie and ICMFP

    Tony

    (Only the real oldies will get that reference ;-) )

  7. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:

    >>> Mushroom! Mushroom!

    >> A snake! A snake, Snake, a snake, Oh It's a snake!
    >>

    > You are Bazza McKenzie and ICMFP
    >
    > Tony
    >
    > (Only the real oldies will get that reference ;-) )

    I thought she was just badgering us to stay on topic.

    James
    by treading on the toes of giants.

  8. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    Gabe R wrote:

    > Penises are pretty tough buggers and can generally take a lot of abuse,

    fnarr...

    James
    by treading on the toes of giants.

  9. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, James Annan
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Tony Raven wrote:

    >>> A snake! A snake, Snake, a snake, Oh It's a snake!
    >>>

    >> You are Bazza McKenzie and ICMFP
    >>
    >> Tony
    >>
    >> (Only the real oldies will get that reference ;-) )

    > I thought she was just badgering us to stay on topic.

    On which topic, weeblestuf now has an engaging new cartoon featuring
    Cadbury's chocolate eggs. I confess to being a devoted fan.

    ;; For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth
    ;; knowledge increaseth sorrow.." - Ecclesiastes 1:18

  10. Ark

    Ark Guest

    news:[email protected]

    3
    > times!
    >
    > I've experienced it on the road occasionally, different bikes, different
    > shorts and it's really quite distressing. Once in Spain I had to limp of

    the
    > bike and wrap it up in a piece of cloth from my toolbox (no pun intended),
    > that seemed to help.
    >
    > Am I the only one? How do I stop it? I've read recommendations on this

    group
    > about chaffing of legs etc and the suggestion has been to apply sudecrem -
    > suppose I could try dipping it in a tub of this - extra large size tub
    > obviously.
    >
    > Before you all say that I'm winding you up, I'm not! Any proper advice
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Ark.

    Think I've found the answer at
    http://www.penisowner.com/poc/articles/dickcycle.html

    Any recommendations for a new wider saddle with a hole in it to reduce
    pressure on the perineum?

    Ta,

    Ark.

    > --

  11. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Ark wrote:
    > Think I've found the answer at
    > http://www.penisowner.com/poc/articles/dickcycle.html

    I'm not clicking that!

    > Any recommendations for a new wider saddle with a hole in it to reduce
    > pressure on the perineum?

    How wide is "wider"? Selle Italia FLX Trans Am is better than the Terry
    Liberator, if that bit of subjective info is of any use to you whatsoever.

    ~PB

  12. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    Pete Biggs pblackcherry{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc opined the following...
    > I'm not clicking that!

    Just don't do it at work! I remember stumbling across penisowner a few
    years back, and laughing like a drain! It has some cracking pages and is
    British which somehow helps! ;-)

    Jon