Gentlemen, Start Your Egos

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Found this internerd treasure via the Calais Turbo forums. Proof of reasonably intelligent life elsewhere? Although I'd skip on rolling the steed thru Maccas. ;) :D

See below for selected highlights.

*********

Screw the Calais, I'm in love with my pushie!
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=22778
Well, not really. Out of boredom the other day, I started stripping my old pushie and fixing it up.

I had a blast!

* You can strip, respray and rebuild one in a day
* A respray only takes 10 minutes and costs $5 in paint
* There is nothing on it you can't fix with a hammer and an allen key
* You can be as trashed as you like and ride your pushie
* Police can't defect it
* It comes stock with 21 inch wheels!
* ...and is manual too!
* it has no dodgy electrical system on it that when it breaks, either takes me spending hours poking around with a multimeter or paying some dodgy japanese guy with a gold tooth to come round, poke about with his multimeter and say "I not know probrem, that be free hundred dorrar"
* Spare bike parts are a dollar a dozen
* If you strip a pushie and leave it on your lawn, kids will remove it for you, and not charge you $20
* Pushies don't have a goddamn AFMs or CAS to break!
* You have absolutely no chance of pulling chicks on a pushie, saving you even more money!
* The govt. can't fcuk you in the **** at every turn for liscence money, insurance, rego, fines, transfer fees, petrol tax on your pushie
* My g/f deosn't hassle me 24/7 to drive my pushie, unlike my car
* If I want to go really fast, I just need a big hill, not $10,000
* If I get cleaned up on my pushie, I have nice big compo payouts to look forward to, not an $800 excess! Either that or crippling head injuries, in which case I won't care either way
* Wiggas won't debadge your pushie or break a $50 window to steal $2.50 in loose change and your ashtray
* A retrim is as involved and expensive as changing the seat, I can finally get that leather upholstry I've always wanted

Although having said that, I don't think I'll be trading in the cal anytime soon, I can't roll my lazy **** through the maccas drive through on it.

> Found this internerd treasure via the Calais Turbo forums. Proof of
> reasonably intelligent life elsewhere? Although I'd skip on rolling the
> steed thru Maccas. ;) :D

OK.. I have to ask... what were you doing reading the Calais Turbo forums?

cfsmtb wrote:
> Found this internerd treasure via the Calais Turbo forums. Proof of
> reasonably intelligent life elsewhere? Although I'd skip on rolling the
> steed thru Maccas. ;) :D
>
> See below for selected highlights.

A number of years ago when I was overly interested in doing things with
my car, I was a subscriber to a mailing list for discussion of
modification and racing of Toyota MR2s.

I wrote an account of a drag race I lost one day to a Hyundai Coupe,
prompting a number of people to ponder the kind of modifications
(nitro, big-**** turbos etc) that the Hyundai must have had in order to
blow me away like that.

My initial post: http://ftp.mr2.com/DIGEST/VOLUME1/1661.txt
And you can follow up the remainder of the discussion in the subsequent
digests:

http://ftp.mr2.com/DIGEST/VOLUME1/1662.txt
http://ftp.mr2.com/DIGEST/VOLUME1/1663.txt
http://ftp.mr2.com/DIGEST/VOLUME1/1664.txt
http://ftp.mr2.com/DIGEST/VOLUME1/1665.txt
http://ftp.mr2.com/DIGEST/VOLUME1/1666.txt etc

I think it was mildly amusing anyway, especially the followups as
people realised (eventually) that I wasn't driving my MR2 at the time.
:)

Travis

Jules said:
> Found this internerd treasure via the Calais Turbo forums. Proof of
> reasonably intelligent life elsewhere? Although I'd skip on rolling the
> steed thru Maccas. ;) :D

OK.. I have to ask... what were you doing reading the Calais Turbo forums?

Found it as a refering website in stats for the Wheels of Justice site. Suitably intrigued, I went and had a look. ;)

cfsmtb wrote:
> Found this internerd treasure via the Calais Turbo forums. Proof of
> reasonably intelligent life elsewhere? Although I'd skip on rolling the
> steed thru Maccas. ;) :D
>
> See below for selected highlights.
>

> *********
>
> Screw the Calais, I'm in love with my pushie!
> http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=22778
> Well, not really. Out of boredom the other day, I started stripping my
> old pushie and fixing it up.
>
> I had a blast!
>
> * You can strip, respray and rebuild one in a day
> * A respray only takes 10 minutes and costs $5 in paint
> * There is nothing on it you can't fix with a hammer and an allen
> key
> * You can be as trashed as you like and ride your pushie
> * Police can't defect it
> * It comes stock with 21 inch wheels!
> * ...and is manual too!
> * it has no dodgy electrical system on it that when it breaks,
> either takes me spending hours poking around with a multimeter or
> paying some dodgy japanese guy with a gold tooth to come round, poke
> about with his multimeter and say "I not know probrem, that be free
> hundred dorrar"
> * Spare bike parts are a dollar a dozen
> * If you strip a pushie and leave it on your lawn, kids will remove
> it for you, and not charge you $20
> * Pushies don't have a goddamn AFMs or CAS to break!
> * You have absolutely no chance of pulling chicks on a pushie,
> saving you even more money!
> * The govt. can't fcuk you in the **** at every turn for liscence
> money, insurance, rego, fines, transfer fees, petrol tax on your
> pushie
> * My g/f deosn't hassle me 24/7 to drive my pushie, unlike my car
> * If I want to go really fast, I just need a big hill, not $10,000
> * If I get cleaned up on my pushie, I have nice big compo payouts
> to look forward to, not an $800 excess! Either that or crippling head
> injuries, in which case I won't care either way
> * Wiggas won't debadge your pushie or break a $50 window to steal
> $2.50 in loose change and your ashtray
> * A retrim is as involved and expensive as changing the seat, I can
> finally get that leather upholstry I've always wanted
>
> Although having said that, I don't think I'll be trading in the cal
> anytime soon, I can't roll my lazy **** through the maccas drive
> through on it.
>

> --
> cfsmtb

I thought this was going to be a post about TISM
GSYE is some of This Is Serious Mum's least worst output

gumby said:
I thought this was going to be a post about TISM
GSYE is some of This Is Serious Mum's least worst output

Hot Dogma came in pretty close as a "least worst".

tism are ****

cfsmtb wrote:
> gumby Wrote:
> >

> > tism are ****

> Think the Victims of TISM Support Group are still around if you want
> someone to talk it over with. :D
>

> --
> cfsmtb

I was quoting Tism lyrics.
I joined VoTSG but left after a disturbing discussion over Mazda rotary
engines.
Any truth to the rumour that RHB works or worked at Swinburne?
The Bass player was Jack holt, who is related *somehow* to Christopher
Skase, which may explain why Skasey never copped any **** from Tism.

I have the albums and CD's even have "Australia the Luck Cnut" with the
Ken D*ne cover art. Must be worth all of $10 by now.

gumby wrote:
> cfsmtb wrote:
>> gumby Wrote:
>>>
>>> tism are ****

>> Think the Victims of TISM Support Group are still around if you want
>> someone to talk it over with. :D
>>

>> --
>> cfsmtb

> I was quoting Tism lyrics.
> I joined VoTSG but left after a disturbing discussion over Mazda rotary
> engines.
> Any truth to the rumour that RHB works or worked at Swinburne?
> The Bass player was Jack holt, who is related *somehow* to Christopher
> Skase, which may explain why Skasey never copped any **** from Tism.
>
> I have the albums and CD's even have "Australia the Luck Cnut" with the
> Ken D*ne cover art. Must be worth all of $10 by now.

I might be a cyclist, but at least I don't drive a Prado.

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

DeF wrote:
> gumby wrote:
> > cfsmtb wrote:

> >> Think the Victims of TISM Support Group are still around if you want
> >> someone to talk it over with. :D
> >>

> >> --
> >> cfsmtb

> > I was quoting Tism lyrics.
> > I joined VoTSG but left after a disturbing discussion over Mazda rotary
> > engines.
> > Any truth to the rumour that RHB works or worked at Swinburne?
> > The Bass player was Jack holt, who is related *somehow* to Christopher
> > Skase, which may explain why Skasey never copped any **** from Tism.
> >
> > I have the albums and CD's even have "Australia the Luck Cnut" with the
> > Ken D*ne cover art. Must be worth all of $10 by now.
> >

> I might be a cyclist, but at least I don't drive a Prado.
>
> DeF
>
> --
> e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
> To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

Ten years ago, the offending vehicle would have been a Volvo. Care to
comment?

gumby wrote:
> DeF wrote:
>> gumby wrote:

>>> I was quoting Tism lyrics.
>>> I joined VoTSG but left after a disturbing discussion over Mazda rotary
>>> engines.
>>> Any truth to the rumour that RHB works or worked at Swinburne?
>>> The Bass player was Jack holt, who is related *somehow* to Christopher
>>> Skase, which may explain why Skasey never copped any **** from Tism.
>>>
>>> I have the albums and CD's even have "Australia the Luck Cnut" with the
>>> Ken D*ne cover art. Must be worth all of $10 by now.
>>>

>> I might be a cyclist, but at least I don't drive a Prado.
>>
>> DeF
>>
>> --
>> e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
>> To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

> Ten years ago, the offending vehicle would have been a Volvo. Care to
> comment?

I might drive a Volvo, but at least not whilst wearing a hat.
Nicker nicker nicker nicker,
Nicker nicker nicker nicker,
da-Dum, da-Dum.