Genuine or fake?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Carla A-G, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    Tags:

  2. Carla says:

    >A (supposedly) WW2 bike:

    I'm still curious as to how it can be both an Axis bike and Swiss. Seems like an oxymoron to me. Of
    course, if it is genuine, it is still a beautiful beast, which may or may not be worth that lind of
    loot. If not genuine, it is a great fake.

    Steve

  3. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410051118&cat
    | egory=6737

    It 'looks' right. It is certainly the style of bike used at the time. However, bikes of this design
    are still being manufactured in many Asian countries. A few years ago I did some work on a
    Vietnamese bike built sometime in the 70s that looked identical except for the cargo pack.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 4/10/2003

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:
    > Carla says:
    >

    >>A (supposedly) WW2 bike:
    >

    > I'm still curious as to how it can be both an Axis bike and Swiss. Seems like an oxymoron to me.
    > Of course, if it is genuine, it is still a beautiful beast, which may or may not be worth that
    > lind of loot. If not genuine, it is a great fake.

    Indeed, and from that well-known division, the "Swiss Wehrmact"...

  5. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Stephen Baker wrote:
    > > Carla says:
    > >

    > >>A (supposedly) WW2 bike:
    > >

    > > I'm still curious as to how it can be both an Axis bike and Swiss. Seems like an oxymoron to me.
    > > Of course, if it is genuine, it is still a beautiful beast, which may or may not be worth that
    > > lind of loot. If not genuine, it is a great fake.
    >
    > Indeed, and from that well-known division, the "Swiss Wehrmact"...

    No no no the seller said it was from the "Swiss Werhmact" and afer all he is an expert.

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > A (supposedly) WW2 bike:
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410051118&cat egory=6737

    It looks original if the seller posted it as a Swiss Army bike. The crankarms and brake mech/lever
    are what look to be original. It may not be as old as WWII, but still seems to be original as in
    issue. If I saw it up close, I could tell. Brown's Cycles in GJ has had a few come and go and I've
    even ridden those pigs.

    JD

  7. Derral

    Derral Guest

  8. Wushumoose

    Wushumoose Guest

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Stephen Baker wrote:
    > > > Carla says:

    > > > I'm still curious as to how it can be both an Axis bike and Swiss. Seems like an oxymoron to
    > > > me. Of course, if it is genuine, it is still a beautiful beast, which may or may not be worth
    > > > that lind of loot. If not genuine, it is a great fake.
    > >
    > > Indeed, and from that well-known division, the "Swiss Wehrmact"...
    >
    > No no no the seller said it was from the "Swiss Werhmact" and afer all he is an expert.

    The seller was obviously e-tarded and only a complete e-diot would have bought that bike for
    that much.

    JD

  10. Trentus

    Trentus Guest

    > A (supposedly) WW2 bike:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410051118&cat
    > egory=6737
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    I wish people posting here would stop BREAKING URLS AT 76 CHARACTERS.

    Having to cut and paste them back together (minus any >'s if it's quoted) is a PITA

    Why do people leave their computer's set to break at 76 characters? It's SOOOOO OBSOLETE in the days
    of large monitors, it just isn't necessary! Heck even a 14 inch monitor would fit a full 50% more
    characters than that, and my 17 inch could damn near hold TWO URLS on a single line.

    OK, I'll end my rant session now and go take my medication.

    Trentus

  11. Westie

    Westie Guest

  12. Trentus rants:

    >I wish people posting here would stop BREAKING URLS AT 76 CHARACTERS.
    >
    >Having to cut and paste them back together (minus any >'s if it's quoted) is a PITA

    Get a life, Trentus! Most folks don't even know how to change it. Learn to use [CTRL]-{insert} and
    {shift]-[Insert] and you'll be fine.

    Steve

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Trentus <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > A (supposedly) WW2 bike:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410051118&cat
    > > egory=6737
    > >
    > > - CA-G
    > >
    > > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
    >
    > I wish people posting here would stop BREAKING URLS AT 76 CHARACTERS.
    >
    > Having to cut and paste them back together (minus any >'s if it's quoted) is a PITA
    >
    > Why do people leave their computer's set to break at 76 characters? It's SOOOOO OBSOLETE in the
    > days of large monitors, it just isn't
    necessary!
    > Heck even a 14 inch monitor would fit a full 50% more characters than
    that,
    > and my 17 inch could damn near hold TWO URLS on a single line.
    >
    > OK, I'll end my rant session now and go take my medication.

    Oh, go fall of yer bike or something, FFS..........

    Shaun aRe - What? What'd I say?!?!?!?!?...........

  14. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > A (supposedly) WW2 bike:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410051118&cat
    > > egory=6737
    > >
    > > - CA-G
    > >
    > > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
    > >

    > I'm still thinking about John's "bad boy" thread obviously; because I'd
    have
    > to say that I prefer genuine. Although fake can look good until you get close up...

    OK, I'll bite. What does John's "I got head (at a beer fest)" t-shirt have to do with real/fake
    boobs and/or a WW2 bike?!?

    Bill "prefers to NOT contemplate breasts and John-in-a-t-shirt concepts concurrently" S.

  15. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Stephen Baker wrote:
    > > Carla says:
    > >

    > >>A (supposedly) WW2 bike:
    > >

    > > I'm still curious as to how it can be both an Axis bike and Swiss. Seems like an oxymoron to me.
    > > Of course, if it is genuine, it is still a beautiful beast, which may or may not be worth that
    > > lind of loot. If not genuine, it is a great fake.
    >
    > Indeed, and from that well-known division, the "Swiss Wehrmact"...

    Mmmm... yes, makers of a rich, nutty Blitzkrieg Cheese. /s

  16. Peter R .

    Peter R . Guest

  17. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > A (supposedly) WW2 bike:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410051118&cat
    > > > egory=6737
    > > >
    > > > - CA-G
    > > >
    > > > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
    > > >

    > > I'm still thinking about John's "bad boy" thread obviously; because I'd
    > have
    > > to say that I prefer genuine. Although fake can look good until you get close up...
    >
    > OK, I'll bite. What does John's "I got head (at a beer fest)" t-shirt
    have
    > to do with real/fake boobs and/or a WW2 bike?!?

    Actually, not a lot. I guess it was the 14 hour day at work, the beer, a subject line. So what's all
    this about you saying something about John getting head at a beer fest because he had fake boobs? Or
    should I just shut up and have another beer?
    --
    Westie Easter=busy=tired & more strange than usual.

    > Bill "prefers to NOT contemplate breasts and John-in-a-t-shirt concepts concurrently" S.

  18. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... <snip rant session>
    > OK, I'll end my rant session now and go take my medication.

    Perhaps you need to go vent your anger some other way...go ride your bike and stop your lip
    flapping...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!