Geometry?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Curt Bousquet, May 7, 2003.

  1. Can anyone point me toward a good site that gives the basic theories/specs behind the geometry of a
    bike, and how all the numbers come together to effect the fit and performance?

    I'm looking into a few different frames, and want to understand enough about the numbers to be able
    to compare them. I'd also like to know (if one doesn't 'feel' right during a test ride) if the
    problem is fixable by adjustment, or if it is a basic problem with the geometry of that bike.

    I guess one problem is that I don't trust the fitting done at the shop, and want to make sure I'm
    not just being sold what is on the floor instead of what really works for me...

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 08 May 2003 02:35:00 GMT, Curt Bousquet <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Can anyone point me toward a good site that gives the basic theories/specs behind the geometry of a
    >bike, and how all the numbers come together to effect the fit and performance?
    >
    >I'm looking into a few different frames, and want to understand enough about the numbers to be able
    >to compare them. I'd also like to know (if one doesn't 'feel' right during a test ride) if the
    >problem is fixable by adjustment, or if it is a basic problem with the geometry of that bike.
    >
    >I guess one problem is that I don't trust the fitting done at the shop, and want to make sure I'm
    >not just being sold what is on the floor instead of what really works for me...

    You're being way too analytical about the whole thing. Shop at a couple of places. Narrow it down to
    two or three based on feel, then just buy the one that has the best color. I can almost guarantee
    you it will be the most expensive of the three. Then get out there and ride and ride and ride and
    make it worth every penny.

    Regards, Thunder9

    NOSPAM is antispam

  3. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

  4. Art Harris

    Art Harris Guest

    Curt Bousquet wrote:
    > Can anyone point me toward a good site that gives the basic theories/specs behind the geometry of
    > a bike, and how all the numbers come together to effect the fit and performance?

    Try this:

    http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm

    Art Harris