George Best - The End

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
Seems like George Best is entering the final phase. Many people will be saddened by the outcome while others will feel less sympathy - since the ex-football champ has been warned repeatedly about the effects of his alcohol addiction.
Sadly, many of those who were close to George Best abandoned him, not being able to put up with the constant drinking and binges.
The Beeb reports:

"Footballing legend George Best is unlikely to survive another 24 hours, his doctor has said.
Best, 59, could not recover from the internal bleeding that developed in the night, Professor Roger Williams said.
"I have to tell you his hours are numbered," he said at Cromwell Hospital, west London, at 1250 GMT.
The ex-Northern Ireland and Manchester United star deteriorated with a lung infection on Friday, eight weeks after entering hospital with flu symptoms.
Professor Williams said on Thursday: "Mr Best is coming to the end of the long road of his ill health."

Carrera said:
Seems like George Best is entering the final phase. Many people will be saddened by the outcome while others will feel less sympathy - since the ex-football champ has been warned repeatedly about the effects of his alcohol addiction.
Sadly, many of those who were close to George Best abandoned him, not being able to put up with the constant drinking and binges.
The Beeb reports:

"Footballing legend George Best is unlikely to survive another 24 hours, his doctor has said.
Best, 59, could not recover from the internal bleeding that developed in the night, Professor Roger Williams said.
"I have to tell you his hours are numbered," he said at Cromwell Hospital, west London, at 1250 GMT.
The ex-Northern Ireland and Manchester United star deteriorated with a lung infection on Friday, eight weeks after entering hospital with flu symptoms.
Professor Williams said on Thursday: "Mr Best is coming to the end of the long road of his ill health."
He's been in "the final phase" for a good long time now.
I'll drink to his health now, and then to his memory when appropriate. It's what he would have wanted.

Mick Jagger seems to have learned. He used to be into alcohol, drugs, all night love-ins and the lot but now he's a fitness fanatic. Mick jogs, does weights and swims. He does quite a lot.
I suppose he's learned when you have wealth and fame it's worth looking after yourself and enjoying it while you can.

Dondare said:
He's been in "the final phase" for a good long time now.
I'll drink to his health now, and then to his memory when appropriate. It's what he would have wanted.

Carrera said:
Carrera seems to have learned. He used to be into alcohol, drugs, all night love-ins and the lot but now he's a fitness fanatic. Carerra cycles, does weights and swims. He does quite a lot.
I suppose he's learned when you have a bike and a boat it's worth looking after yourself and enjoying it while you can.
...FIXED!!!