George Bush is a war criminal

ryan_velo.

Dec 20, 2004
Would any one like to debate as to wether GWB. is a war criminal or not:confused: You can take a guess at the position I might take.

ryan_velo. said:
Would any one like to debate as to wether GWB. is a war criminal or not:confused: You can take a guess at the position I might take.

Oh dear little Ryan...you are opening (as Lok would say) that can of nuclear worms with this thread!!!

ryan_velo. said:
Daft question asking me that one. Can you substantiate a case for your accusations?

ryan_velo. said:

Just out of curiosity Ryan...why would you even consider likening GWB to a war criminal? Either you are looking to just start a thread where everyone can come in and beat each other up or you have an example...which I highly doubt!!!

ryan_velo. said:
So what are we doing in Iraq?
I am waiting to see how being in Iraq Likens GWB to a war criminal. Give me examples of how you are making this correlation...tell me anything because I am waiting to pounce!!!! :)

jaguar75 said:
I am waiting to see how being in Iraq Likens GWB to a war criminal. Give me examples of how you are making this correlation...tell me anything because I am waiting to pounce!!!! :)
No, I want you to tell me what the US. is doing in Iraq. I'll get to my point just answer the question.

ryan_velo. said:
No, I want you to tell me what the US. is doing in Iraq. I'll get to my point just answer the question.
I think we've covered a lot of this ground before, or at least it has been discussed elsewhere to some degree. You are in this instance Mr Accusator appearing before me Lord Justice Fred of Surrey to state your unsubstantiated case to accuse a Mr Bush of war crimes of which you have no evidence. This is indeed a frivolous and expensive venture of the Courts time and rota. All the costs are against you. You cannot come to the Royal Courts of Justice to ask me and the Judical system what someone is doing in Iraq. That's nearly as nosey as asking me which is my favourite lunch venue, or spanking club.

FredC said:
I think we've covered a lot of this ground before, or at least it has been discussed elsewhere to some degree. You are in this instance Mr Accusator appearing before me Lord Justice Fred of Surrey to state your unsubstantiated case to accuse a Mr Bush of war crimes of which you have no evidence. This is indeed a frivolous and expensive venture of the Courts time and rota. All the costs are against you. You cannot come to the Royal Courts of Justice to ask me and the Judical system what someone is doing in Iraq. That's nearly as nosey as asking me which is my favourite lunch venue, or spanking club.

Sometimes the evidence is right there in front of you, signed with a rubber stamp and a signature. :)

FredC said:
Case for impeachment against the Lyin' King and/or his Admin.:

1. Complicity in 9/11 disaster
2. Claims of Iraq WMD's and other lies to American public for making war
3. Invasion of sovereign nation without provocation
4. Torture at Abu Gharaib, Gitmo, A'stan, & sending of detainees to Syria and Egypt for torture
5. Outing of Valerie Plame
6. Halliburton
7. Billions of missing monies vis-a-vis Iraq

The list goes on...

ryan_velo. said:
Yes. He has taken a situation, 9/11, & used it to suit his & his administration's (full of [it] yes-men) idealogical goals :mad: , at the expense of young men & women in the armed services. He better hope he was wrong about his alleged beleif in his chosen deity :eek: because if he isn't, there's going to be hell to pay son, hell to pay.

Tell it enough times & it becomes the "truth" (in this admin's parlance: "the gospel" :rolleyes: )

Wurm said:

4. Torture at Abu Gharaib, Gitmo, A'stan, & sending of detainees to Syria and Egypt for torture
6. Halliburton

The list goes on...
Would any of these apply to his compadre Ariel Sharon?

Wurm said:

6. Halliburton

The list goes on...
Its not that they lie so much, it is their utter contempt for the truth. If it weren't for 9/11 he'd be back in Crawford right now but because of the situation he was able to exploit it to further the use of the military industrial complex (sending kids to die while filling the coffers of defense contractors). Incidentally, the outing of a CIA officer & the subsequent attack of the messenger (reporter) is especially loathsome :mad:

FredC said:
Daft question asking me that one. Can you substantiate a case for your accusations?

Has anyone ever been convicted of war crimes in a war that they didn't lose?

jhuskey said:
Very interesting question. I'm not defending SH. He was a really bad guy who was helped along, incidentally, by george Bush's cabinet in the past (Wolfowitz/Rumsfeld/Perle). How nice of them to clean up their mess at the expense of our int'l credibility. If country's could be invaded because we didn't approve of their leader or because they systematically utilized torture, guess who would be next on the invasion list :confused: Ourselves :eek:

jhuskey said:
Good point. But it's still going on. What happens if it's a draw?

FredC said:
Good point. But it's still going on. What happens if it's a draw?

A draw...... well we can choose up sides and move the war to a new location.
It's been done before.

As a point of interest, North Korea fired another of its missiles over Japan the other day, upsetting the Americans, Chinese and Japanese. China, as we all know, doesn't want North Korea to further develop its missile program as such a policy would lead to a modification of the Japanese military.
I guess it all boils down to the implications of the Bush Administration's Axis Of Evil policy. North Korea no longer feels secure enough not to develop its missile systems (due to concers over Bush's speeches) and is determined to bolster its defences. But this could trigger a South East Asian cold war as Japan feels forced to take counter measures.
Meantime, the Chinese are becoming ever more militant towards the Japanese.
It was predicted some months back that the Iraq war would push other countries forward to go nuclear in order to prevent the fate that befell Iraq.