George Galloway Attacked

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
George Galloway has faced a backlash over his comments made immediately after the London terrorist attack. During a parliamentary debate over defence issues, Galloway publically attacked Blair and called for a review of Middle Eastern policy.
Backbencher Steven Pound stated:

"I thought George had sunk to the depths of sickness in the past but this exceeds anything he has done before. You would think an M.P. whose constituency borders on Algate East's first thought would have been with the victims of these horrific attacks and the emergency services. His few remaining friends will turn away in horror from this intervention"

Minister Adam Ingram accused Galloway of "dipping his poisonous tongue in a pool of blood" but Galloway hit back and denounced the minister as a "thug", at which point he was called to order.
Conservative M.P. Andrew Rosindell said:

"I think this man is a disgrace to this country and he should not be in parliament. While he has the right to say what he wants in a free country, most people will be appalled by his comments."

More extreme views concerning Galloway have compared him to Lord Haw Haw who ran a radio show during the second world war. Time will tell whether George can bounce back from the backlash.

Carrera said:
George Galloway has faced a backlash over his comments made immediately after the London terrorist attack. During a parliamentary debate over defence issues, Galloway publically attacked Blair and called for a review of Middle Eastern policy.
Backbencher Steven Pound stated:

"I thought George had sunk to the depths of sickness in the past but this exceeds anything he has done before. You would think an M.P. whose constituency borders on Algate East's first thought would have been with the victims of these horrific attacks and the emergency services. His few remaining friends will turn away in horror from this intervention"

Minister Adam Ingram accused Galloway of "dipping his poisonous tongue in a pool of blood" but Galloway hit back and denounced the minister as a "thug", at which point he was called to order.
Conservative M.P. Andrew Rosindell said:

"I think this man is a disgrace to this country and he should not be in parliament. While he has the right to say what he wants in a free country, most people will be appalled by his comments."

More extreme views concerning Galloway have compared him to Lord Haw Haw who ran a radio show during the second world war. Time will tell whether George can bounce back from the backlash.
Rethink middle eastern policy :confused: He really is "out there". Until alternative energies are developed, his assertion is untenable

Attitudes in the media in this country seem to have altered over the Iraq war. Many people who were sitting on the fence have now come out in defence of the war. Myself, I still oppose the whole policy of war in Iraq but I do think we should confront and act against terrorism. So, really, I think I'm more in line with John Kerry who also opposed the Iraq war but would have probably been very tough on terrorism regardless.
The very opposite of George Galloway in this country is Melanie Philips. She's possibly the closest we have to a neo-con journalist. I forward all of you her website that's very analytical and makes interesting reading. She appears frequently on T.V. to add her views. Her views make up a very small minority over here:
http://www.melaniephillips.com/diary/

davidmc said:
Rethink middle eastern policy :confused: He really is "out there". Until alternative energies are developed, his assertion is untenable

Carrera said:
The very opposite of George Galloway in this country is Melanie Philips. She's possibly the closest we have to a neo-con journalist. I forward all of you her website that's very analytical and makes interesting reading. She appears frequently on T.V. to add her views. Her views make up a very small minority over here:
http://www.melaniephillips.com/diary/
Is she extreme enough to be the U.K. equivalent of our "Frauline" Anne Coulter :confused:

She's very right-wing. She seems to like George W Bush, supports the Iraq War and is even impressed by the new wave of morality sweeping parts of the U.S.A. (such as the ring before marriage e.t.c.). I agree with some points she makes but not everything and certainly not the stuff about Bush and morality.
But she would make Thatcher seem pretty liberal.

davidmc said:
Is she extreme enough to be the U.K. equivalent of our "Frauline" Anne Coulter :confused:

Just as a point of observation, I can't help but notice the gap between U.K. and U.S. posters on this particular soapbox with regard to politics. Only Dave MC and a small handfull of U.S. posters have a more liberal agenda while, as Fred once pointed out, I seem to be a minority left wing Tory (since virtually all the U.K. posters seem to very liberal (and hate the Tories). I'm not knocking anyone's political views but it's just an impression.
The reason I state this is we do have a right-wing attitude in this country, mainly reflected by The Mail and The Times, as opposed to The Guardian. There are even some people over here who vote Tory such as Seb Coe and Frank Bruno (who says he admires Margaret Thatcher).
Myself, I'm liberal but also mixed in with Conservative (to the left of the Tories).
But Melanie Philips is definitely way to the right - maybe even more than Bush.

Carrera said:
Just as a point of observation, I can't help but notice the gap between U.K. and U.S. posters on this particular soapbox with regard to politics. Only Dave MC and a small handfull of U.S. posters have a more liberal agenda while, as Fred once pointed out, I seem to be a minority left wing Tory (since virtually all the U.K. posters seem to very liberal (and hate the Tories). I'm not knocking anyone's political views but it's just an impression.
The reason I state this is we do have a right-wing attitude in this country, mainly reflected by The Mail and The Times, as opposed to The Guardian. There are even some people over here who vote Tory such as Seb Coe and Frank Bruno (who says he admires Margaret Thatcher).
Myself, I'm liberal but also mixed in with Conservative (to the left of the Tories).
But Melanie Philips is definitely way to the right - maybe even more than Bush.
Now listen here my little charlatan Carrera, Fred never falls asleep, it's just that I have been involved in pan sports TV for a few months, shown in 100milliion homes.
Let's start where we last left off. You studied what for 4 Years? you never answered that one, and you never ever mentioned getting a degree of any sort. Everyone apart from you are honest on this board. You are an out and out liar. For example, the other day you said that you had heard a secret whisper that there would be some British troop withdrawal from Iraq. This information was well known and on the BBC website for the previous 36 hours.
Your politics are non committal and you consistently **** into the wind on all issues. You are neither interesting or polemic, as polemicism is not only a way of obtaining subjective discussions, but to make you defend your original proposition. On all these counts you will never make the cut.

I don't think degrees count for much these days as so many people have them. Yes, I do have a degree but I'm not going to boast about it as, like I said, so many people have them.
My cousin doesn't have a degree and he owns several aeroplanes (whereas I only have my bike).
But I guess it keeps me fit.

FredC said:
Now listen here my little charlatan Carrera, Fred never falls asleep, it's just that I have been involved in pan sports TV for a few months, shown in 100milliion homes.
Let's start where we last left off. You studied what for 4 Years? you never answered that one, and you never ever mentioned getting a degree of any sort. Everyone apart from you are honest on this board. You are an out and out liar. For example, the other day you said that you had heard a secret whisper that there would be some British troop withdrawal from Iraq. This information was well known and on the BBC website for the previous 36 hours.
Your politics are non committal and you consistently **** into the wind on all issues. You are neither interesting or polemic, as polemicism is not only a way of obtaining subjective discussions, but to make you defend your original proposition. On all these counts you will never make the cut.