George Hincapie's chances at Hamilton...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronaldo Jeremia, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. ...are about as good as Rich Hincapie's chances at Hamilton.

    It's too bad the Fed will instruct guys with a longshot chance to win (SleepyJL, Horner, Trenti,
    Ken's pick McCormack) to ride for Hincapie, who is a noshot chance to win.

    OTOH, I'd actually like to see what kind of fashion statement GH might try to make with the arc en
    ciel. I mean, we've seen the shoes he wears... WOW.

    -RJ

    Tags:

  2. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ...are about as good as Rich Hincapie's chances at Hamilton.
    >
    > It's too bad the Fed will instruct guys with a longshot chance to win (SleepyJL, Horner, Trenti,
    > Ken's pick McCormack) to ride for Hincapie, who is a noshot chance to win.
    >
    > OTOH, I'd actually like to see what kind of fashion statement GH might try to make with the arc en
    > ciel. I mean, we've seen the shoes he wears... WOW.
    >
    > -RJ

    The way his season was delayed by illness and allowed him to peak just in time for the Tour, may
    just be the factor that allows Geo to carry hid peak through to the World's. I think he is the
    favorite of the team.

  3. .. are significantly worse than Tom Boonens.

    Go Tom!

    BA

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...are about as good as Rich Hincapie's chances at Hamilton.
    > >
    > > It's too bad the Fed will instruct guys with a longshot chance to win (SleepyJL, Horner, Trenti,
    > > Ken's pick McCormack) to ride for Hincapie, who is a noshot chance to win.
    > >
    > > OTOH, I'd actually like to see what kind of fashion statement GH might try to make with the arc
    > > en ciel. I mean, we've seen the shoes he wears... WOW.
    > >
    > > -RJ
    >
    > The way his season was delayed by illness and allowed him to peak just in time for the Tour, may
    > just be the factor that allows Geo to carry hid
    peak
    > through to the World's. I think he is the favorite of the team.

  4. Time Cop

    Time Cop New Member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2003
    Consider this:

    Greg Lemond in 1983
    Lance Armstrong in 1993
    (Another American) in 2003?

  5. Amit

    Amit Guest

    [email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > ...are about as good as Rich Hincapie's chances at Hamilton.
    >
    > It's too bad the Fed will instruct guys with a longshot chance to win (SleepyJL, Horner, Trenti,
    > Ken's pick McCormack) to ride for Hincapie, who is a noshot chance to win.
    >
    > OTOH, I'd actually like to see what kind of fashion statement GH might try to make with the arc en
    > ciel. I mean, we've seen the shoes he wears... WOW.

    Hinacapie's not the best when it comes to actually crossing the line first, but I think he is poised
    for a good result at these Worlds. His climbing is better than ever and he doesn't have a long
    season behind him.

    I don't know how the Hamilton course compares to Euro courses, but it seems like a strongman's
    course where strong team won't have as much of an advantage. If someone like Boonen can win on this
    course I'd be really impressed.

    Sure the climbs are partially negated by the descents, but I could see someone like Vinokourov
    attacking on a descent like he did at Amstel and in the Tour.

    My pick is Vino, though he's had a long season.

    -Amit

  6. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ...are about as good as Rich Hincapie's chances at Hamilton.
    >
    > It's too bad the Fed will instruct guys with a longshot chance to
    win
    > (SleepyJL, Horner, Trenti, Ken's pick McCormack) to ride for
    Hincapie,
    > who is a noshot chance to win.
    >
    > OTOH, I'd actually like to see what kind of fashion statement GH
    might
    > try to make with the arc en ciel. I mean, we've seen the shoes he wears... WOW.

    McCormack and Horner know what they're doing and the idiots at Fed won't be able to control those
    two. Sleepy John is indeed a long shot winner if he's in the right mood. Guido is not a fool and
    will do what the Fed tells him but would be best advised if they had him supporting the Saturn boys
    who are peaking right now.

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    George is not a climbing star. He is a power climber at best. What's the word from those who've
    ridden Hamilton course? I thought that there was an extended climb on the circuit.

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...are about as good as Rich Hincapie's chances at Hamilton.
    > >
    > > It's too bad the Fed will instruct guys with a longshot chance to
    win
    > > (SleepyJL, Horner, Trenti, Ken's pick McCormack) to ride for
    Hincapie,
    > > who is a noshot chance to win.
    > >
    > > OTOH, I'd actually like to see what kind of fashion statement GH
    might
    > > try to make with the arc en ciel. I mean, we've seen the shoes he wears... WOW.
    > >
    > > -RJ
    >
    > The way his season was delayed by illness and allowed him to peak
    just in
    > time for the Tour, may just be the factor that allows Geo to carry
    hid peak
    > through to the World's. I think he is the favorite of the team.

  8. jim gravity

    jim gravity New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2003