George - virtual maillot jaune

Stewart Fleming

Guest
"George, off you go up the road with Jens. We won't chase, neither will
CSC unless it gets silly. No sprinters teams are going to chase you
down with that Cat 2 at the end. So sort it out between you and go for
yellow, it's there for the taking."

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 22:19:41 +1200, Stewart Fleming
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"George, off you go up the road with Jens. We won't chase, neither will
>CSC unless it gets silly. No sprinters teams are going to chase you
>down with that Cat 2 at the end. So sort it out between you and go for
>yellow, it's there for the taking."

LOL, You know I was thinking about that last night when I noticed how
the GC had been sorted out post crash, and GH was listed second at
:55.

Just hadn't worked out how, but your scenario makes perfect sense! ;-)

He may not quite make it, but I bet they'll try it. Voigt is no real
threat should he fail.

jj

Stewart Fleming wrote:
> "George, off you go up the road with Jens. We won't chase, neither will
> CSC unless it gets silly. No sprinters teams are going to chase you
> down with that Cat 2 at the end. So sort it out between you and go for
> yellow, it's there for the taking."

LANCE had better watch out - George's climbing has been getting
better and better with every Tour. A Discovery leadership
crisis is clearly in the making.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Stewart Fleming wrote:
>> "George, off you go up the road with Jens. We won't chase, neither will
>> CSC unless it gets silly. No sprinters teams are going to chase you
>> down with that Cat 2 at the end. So sort it out between you and go for
>> yellow, it's there for the taking."

> LANCE had better watch out - George's climbing has been getting
> better and better with every Tour. A Discovery leadership
> crisis is clearly in the making.

Indeed. Instead of a Lance/Jan duel, it's gonna be a George/Vino duel!

NOT!
--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)