German bikes Nicolai and Steppenwolf



Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slacker

Guest
Per Löwdin wrote:
> Would be interesting with a comparision between Nicolai http://www.krc-nicolai.com/ or Steppenwolf
> http://www.steppenwolf-bikes.de/ and some of the best American, Titus, Intense, Santa Cruz,
> Ellsworth, Ventana.

It would be no contest. Nicolai would take the crown for the most hideous, vile, despicable, over-
built, heinous, nasty, ugliest, stupidest frame known to mankind.... ever! Other than that, I'm sure
they're great bikes.

> Is Europe finally waking up to full suspension engineering?

Yeah right, know if they can only wake up to a sense of style!
--
Slacker
 
B

Bb

Guest
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:19:51 GMT, Per Löwdin wrote:

> Is Europe finally waking up to full suspension engineering?

I was a little disappointed that Steppenwolf didn't name one of their full-sussers the "magic
carpet ride".

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
 
P

Per LöWdin

Guest
> And what has the US profered in return? Hawaiian shirts and obesity...

As, I foreigner I have to object strongly. The US has made important and indispensible contributions
to humankind: the mountain bike and rythm and blues (rock & roll).

Per http://lowdin.nu
 
B

Bomba

Guest
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:01:22 +0000, Per Löwdin wrote:

>> And what has the US profered in return? Hawaiian shirts and obesity...
>
> As, I foreigner I have to object strongly. The US has made important and indispensible
> contributions to humankind: the mountain bike and rythm and blues (rock & roll).

Um, we're talking about fashion and style, not the US' "indispensible contributions to humankind".

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm
 
W

W K

Guest
"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:01:22 +0000, Per Löwdin wrote:
>
> >> And what has the US profered in return? Hawaiian shirts and obesity...
> >
> > As, I foreigner I have to object strongly. The US has made important and indispensible
> > contributions to humankind: the mountain bike and rythm
and
> > blues (rock & roll).
>
> Um, we're talking about fashion and style, not the US' "indispensible contributions to humankind".

I'd not be too impressed about how the US created the blues: Get people from africa and treat them
really badly.
 
B

Bb

Guest
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:03:26 +0100, bomba wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:50:39 -0800, Slacker wrote:
>>
>> Yeah right, know if they can only wake up to a sense of style!
>
> Pfft. Hugo Boss, Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, Moschino, Gucci, Paul Smith, Versace, Armani, etc, etc.
> And what has the US profered in return? Hawaiian shirts and obesity...

Let's not forget jeans, sweatshirts (or worse, sweatpants), printed t-shirts and flannel. American
(un)stylishness has grown worldwide.

BTW, the Hawaiian shirt and obesity pre-date us. Hawaii's only been a state for 44 years (though
there's a nasty bit of history involving the US several years prior to the aloha shirt).

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
 
B

Bb

Guest
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:03:26 +0100, bomba wrote:

> Pfft. Hugo Boss, Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, Moschino, Gucci, Paul Smith, Versace, Armani, etc, etc.
> And what has the US profered in return? Hawaiian shirts and obesity...

BTW, isn't arguing about whether Europeans have more style than Americans sort of like arguing over
whether cats are more furry than reptiles?

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
 
P

Per LöWdin

Guest
> BTW, isn't arguing about whether Europeans have more style than Americans sort of like arguing
> over whether cats are more furry than reptiles?

To be the devil´s advocate, my wife has weakness for Ann Taylor, Titus XS frames, and North
Face jackets.

Per http://lowdin.nu
 
D

Dave Adnum

Guest
"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > http://www.krc-nicolai.com/ or Steppenwolf
> http://www.steppenwolf-bikes.de/
>
> The Steppenwolf Enduro/Freeride bike appears to be an exact copy of the American Specialized
> Enduro. Granted, with the new monocoque frame on the 2002 and newer, the frame is different. But
> look at a 2001 Enduro and tell me who engineered the Steppenwolf.
>
> -John Morgan
>
>

ever think maybe they had the design first? there are other frames such as that... like the Bergwerk
LSD seems like a copy of the epic but its not... they were designed nearly simultaneously and the
bergwerk comes out on top in my opinion by having a bolt on standardized rear shock so are arent
stuck with what specialized wants you to use.

dave
 
P

Per LöWdin

Guest
"Dave Adnum" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
news:[email protected]...
> "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > http://www.krc-nicolai.com/ or Steppenwolf
> > http://www.steppenwolf-bikes.de/
> >
> > The Steppenwolf Enduro/Freeride bike appears to be an exact copy of the American Specialized
> > Enduro. Granted, with the new monocoque frame on the 2002 and newer, the frame is different. But
> > look at a 2001 Enduro and tell me who engineered the Steppenwolf. -John Morgan
> ever think maybe they had the design first? there are other frames such
as
> that... like the Bergwerk LSD seems like a copy of the epic but its not... they were designed
> nearly simultaneously and the bergwerk comes out on top in my opinion by having a bolt on
> standardized rear shock so are arent
stuck
> with what specialized wants you to use.

Intersting, http://www.bergwerk-bikes.de/, seems it is Germany they are catching on. Nicolai,
Steppenwolf and Bergwerk, have horst-links, apparently without paying royalties to Specialized.
Sometimes I wonder if the Specialized patent for FSR stymies other manufacturers in the US. Think
Specialized at first tried to prevent the Giant NRS from being sold in the US:

Per http://lowdin.nu
 
S

Skaredshtles

Guest
"Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>> BTW, isn't arguing about whether Europeans have more style than Americans sort of like arguing
>> over whether cats are more furry than reptiles?
>
> To be the devil´s advocate, my wife has weakness for Ann Taylor, Titus XS frames, and North Face
> jackets.

TNF?? But they make **** jackets. They used to be solid, but their quality has gone down the
toilette (sp?) over that last decade quite drastically.

And I own a bunch, so I know......... :)

-S.S.-
 
S

Slacker

Guest
bomba wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:50:39 -0800, Slacker wrote:
>
>>> Is Europe finally waking up to full suspension engineering?
>>
>>
>> Yeah right, know if they can only wake up to a sense of style!
>
> Pfft. Hugo Boss, Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, Moschino, Gucci, Paul Smith, Versace, Armani, etc, etc.

molesters so numerous that you guys had to build them their own city!

Armani, pffftt... please, tell that bonehead the seams/stitching go on the frig'n inside of the
suit; I don't care how stick figures he employees to convince otherwise!

And you would think you Europeans would be able to make a decent pair of underwear, but nooooo.....
damn barbarians!
--
Slacker
 
C

Carl Fogel

Guest
bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:50:39 -0800, Slacker wrote:
>
> >> Is Europe finally waking up to full suspension engineering?
> >
> >
> > Yeah right, know if they can only wake up to a sense of style!
>
> Pfft. Hugo Boss, Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, Moschino, Gucci, Paul Smith, Versace, Armani, etc, etc.
> And what has the US profered in return? Hawaiian shirts and obesity...

Dear Bomba,

I beg to point out that without the courageous fashion leadership of the United States, everyone
would still be tying their shoelaces, pulling their pants up, and using hat brims to shade their
eyes instead of the backs of their necks.

And much of Europe would face a critical shortage of used blue jeans.

Carl Fogel
 
P

Per Elmsäter

Guest
Slacker wrote:
> bomba wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:50:39 -0800, Slacker wrote:
>>
>>>> Is Europe finally waking up to full suspension engineering?
>>>
>>>
>>> Yeah right, know if they can only wake up to a sense of style!
>>
>> Pfft. Hugo Boss, Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, Moschino, Gucci, Paul Smith, Versace, Armani,
>> etc, etc.
>
>

> molesters so numerous that you guys had to build them their own city!
>
I take it you mean San Francisco, 'cause that's where we send them.

> Armani, pffftt... please, tell that bonehead the seams/stitching go on the frig'n inside of the
> suit; I don't care how stick figures he employees to convince otherwise

Armani? I've never seen a european wear Armani. The only mention I ever hear of them are in
Hollywood films.

>
> And you would think you Europeans would be able to make a decent pair of underwear, but
> nooooo..... damn barbarians!

Underwear! What's that?

--
Perre

You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.
 
B

Bill Wheeler

Guest
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:19:51 GMT, "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Would be interesting with a comparision between Nicolai

No it wouldn't

Peace, Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and
on the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads