Germany includes drug-tainted Zabel on world championship team

Marty

Guest
http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-worlds-zabel&prov=ap&type=lgns

"Local officials with the organizing committee of the Sept. 26-30
championship in Stuttgart, Germany, have mounted a vocal campaign to
have Zabel and Kloeden excluded from the event."

See what fessing up will do for you. You get labeled as "drug-
tainted" and then the "local officials" try to ban you from
competing. What about drug-tainted David Millar?
--
Marty

The UCI has asked the spanish federation to reopen the investigation on
Valverde (Puerto). This means he will not be able to participate in the WC
(as the organizers were demanding).

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/depo...expediente/elpepudep/20070829elpepudep_13/Tes

BTW:

Does anybody knows what is going on with Iban Mayo's B-sample? The test were
suppossed to be performed last week and the results made public on Monday.
But nothing has been reported...

news:[email protected]...

On Aug 29, 5:26 pm, Marty <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-worlds-zabel&prov=ap&type=lgns
>
> "Local officials with the organizing committee of the Sept. 26-30
> championship in Stuttgart, Germany, have mounted a vocal campaign to
> have Zabel and Kloeden excluded from the event."
>
> See what fessing up will do for you. You get labeled as "drug-
> tainted" and then the "local officials" try to ban you from
> competing. What about drug-tainted David Millar?
> --
> Marty

The Germans have gone off the deep end again. At least the mania this
time is only causing casualties among cycling folks. Lots of examples,
but this is just another:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/aug07/aug29news2

Doping allegations against German U23 coach

They picked this guy to replace the last guy who was "suspended" on
accusation.
Just march off anyone even accused to prison. There WILL be good
order!!
Bill C

On Aug 29, 2:26 pm, Marty <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-worlds-zabel&prov=ap&type=lgns
>
> "Local officials with the organizing committee of the Sept. 26-30
> championship in Stuttgart, Germany, have mounted a vocal campaign to
> have Zabel and Kloeden excluded from the event."
>
> See what fessing up will do for you. You get labeled as "drug-
> tainted" and then the "local officials" try to ban you from
> competing. What about drug-tainted David Millar?
> --
> Marty

I feel that Zabel should compete in the World's. He was not forced
into confessing. However, Millar confessed then served a suspension.

In article <[email protected]>,
Charles <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2:26 pm, Marty <[email protected]> wrote:
> > http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-worlds-zabel&prov=ap&type=lgns
> >
> > "Local officials with the organizing committee of the Sept. 26-30
> > championship in Stuttgart, Germany, have mounted a vocal campaign to
> > have Zabel and Kloeden excluded from the event."
> >
> > See what fessing up will do for you. You get labeled as "drug-
> > tainted" and then the "local officials" try to ban you from
> > competing. What about drug-tainted David Millar?
> > --
> > Marty

> I feel that Zabel should compete in the World's. He was not forced
> into confessing. However, Millar confessed then served a suspension.

Well, Millar confessed once he was in police custody. Zabel voluntarily admitted
using EPO in a press conference. And it was for something that happened 11 years
prior. He certainly never tested positive for use of EPO (no, there were no tests for
it back then, but still). Statute of limitations, anyone? So keeping Zabel from
participating in the Worlds is pretty lame, I think.

--
tanx,
Howard

Faberge eggs are elegant but I prefer Faberge bacon.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Marty wrote:
> http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-worlds-zabel&prov=ap&type=lgns
>
> "Local officials with the organizing committee of the Sept. 26-30
> championship in Stuttgart, Germany, have mounted a vocal campaign to
> have Zabel and Kloeden excluded from the event."
>
> See what fessing up will do for you. You get labeled as "drug-
> tainted" and then the "local officials" try to ban you from
> competing. What about drug-tainted David Millar?
> --
> Marty

The germans are damned hypocrites. The Bundesliga is dripping with dope
and the players are idolized as gods. Cycling tries to clean up its act
(somewhat) and are punished for doing so.

I am ashamed to live here.

In article <[email protected]>, Kyle Legate <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Marty wrote:
> > http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-worlds-zabel&prov=ap&type=lgns
> >
> > "Local officials with the organizing committee of the Sept. 26-30
> > championship in Stuttgart, Germany, have mounted a vocal campaign to
> > have Zabel and Kloeden excluded from the event."
> >
> > See what fessing up will do for you. You get labeled as "drug-
> > tainted" and then the "local officials" try to ban you from
> > competing. What about drug-tainted David Millar?
> > --
> > Marty
> >

> The germans are damned hypocrites. The Bundesliga is dripping with dope
> and the players are idolized as gods. Cycling tries to clean up its act
> (somewhat) and are punished for doing so.

It is strange that they're being *so* agressive about this for cycling. Like
they're trying to prove that they're the biggest, baddest anti-doping enforcers.

Aren't reformed drunks and smokers the most obnoxious in chastising those who
still use?

--
tanx,
Howard

Fabergé eggs are elegant but I prefer Fabergé bacon.

Marty wrote:
> "Local officials with the organizing committee of the Sept. 26-30
> championship in Stuttgart, Germany, have mounted a vocal campaign to
> have Zabel and Kloeden excluded from the event."

Kloden ? All he's been accused of is not being strident enough
in condemning others.

What a bunch of hyppocrites. As I said before I hope Valverde wins
and gives them an Arndt as he goes over the line.

alex beascoechea wrote:
> Does anybody knows what is going on with Iban Mayo's B-sample? The test were
> suppossed to be performed last week and the results made public on Monday.
> But nothing has been reported...

They run the tests over and over until they return a positive.

Donald Munro wrote:
> What a bunch of hyppocrites. As I said before I hope Valverde wins
> and gives them an Arndt as he goes over the line.

I see the the UCI have done their normal guilty by suspicion
number on Valverde. In that case I hope Zabel wins and gives
them an Arndt. And if he comes 2nd I hope he gives them two Arndt's,
prefarably up Paddies rear orifice.

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:07:51 +0200, Donald Munro <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Donald Munro wrote:
>> What a bunch of hyppocrites. As I said before I hope Valverde wins
>> and gives them an Arndt as he goes over the line.

>I see the the UCI have done their normal guilty by suspicion
>number on Valverde. In that case I hope Zabel wins and gives
>them an Arndt. And if he comes 2nd I hope he gives them two Arndt's,
>prefarably up Paddies rear orifice.

Maybe give him a Wellens instead.

On Aug 29, 3:26 pm, Marty <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-worlds-zabel&prov=ap&type=lgns
>
> "Local officials with the organizing committee of the Sept. 26-30
> championship in Stuttgart, Germany, have mounted a vocal campaign to
> have Zabel and Kloeden excluded from the event."
>
> See what fessing up will do for you. You get labeled as "drug-
> tainted" and then the "local officials" try to ban you from
> competing. What about drug-tainted David Millar?
> --
> Marty

Yeah, the Italian and Spaniard federations are just as bad but
criminal investigations have tied their hands.