Gerson Cancer Treatment

Quite a few years ago (like maybe 30+), I read a book called "Death Be
Not Proud". A Dr. Max Gerson treated the author's (John Gunther,a very
well-known writer in the 1940s & 1950s) teenage son for cancer,
primarily with a special diet (seems like he was almost starving the
kid. Unfortunately, the boy lived only a relatively short time after
being diagnosed. I don't recall what other treatments, if any, were
tried.

Anywy, I'm hearing the name Gerson a lot lately in connection with kinds
of cancer treatment theory & wondered if there was some relation?

> Quite a few years ago (like maybe 30+), I read a book called "Death Be
> Not Proud". A Dr. Max Gerson treated the author's (John Gunther,a very
> well-known writer in the 1940s & 1950s) teenage son for cancer,
> primarily with a special diet (seems like he was almost starving the
> kid. Unfortunately, the boy lived only a relatively short time after
> being diagnosed. I don't recall what other treatments, if any, were
> tried.
>
> Anywy, I'm hearing the name Gerson a lot lately in connection with kinds
> of cancer treatment theory & wondered if there was some relation?

Relation to what. Gerson is similar to Kelley, the best cancer
treatments available today http://www.whale.to/cancer/therapies.html

[email protected] wrote:

>Quite a few years ago (like maybe 30+), I read a book called "Death Be
>Not Proud". A Dr. Max Gerson treated the author's (John Gunther,a very
>well-known writer in the 1940s & 1950s) teenage son for cancer,
>primarily with a special diet (seems like he was almost starving the
>kid. Unfortunately, the boy lived only a relatively short time after
>being diagnosed. I don't recall what other treatments, if any, were
>tried.
>
>Anywy, I'm hearing the name Gerson a lot lately in connection with kinds
>of cancer treatment theory & wondered if there was some relation?

It's the same. Same quackery. Same results.

--
Peter Bowditch
The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (john) wrote:

> [email protected] wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Quite a few years ago (like maybe 30+), I read a book called "Death Be
> > Not Proud". A Dr. Max Gerson treated the author's (John Gunther,a very
> > well-known writer in the 1940s & 1950s) teenage son for cancer,
> > primarily with a special diet (seems like he was almost starving the
> > kid. Unfortunately, the boy lived only a relatively short time after
> > being diagnosed. I don't recall what other treatments, if any, were
> > tried.
> >
> > Anywy, I'm hearing the name Gerson a lot lately in connection with kinds
> > of cancer treatment theory & wondered if there was some relation?

> Relation to what. Gerson is similar to Kelley, the best cancer
> treatments available today http://www.whale.to/cancer/therapies.html

Wrong. Neither have been shown to be effective.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
| inconvenience me with questions?"

>Subject: Re: Gerson Cancer Treatment
>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
>Date: 12/21/2003 8:32 PM Central Standard Time
>
>[email protected] wrote:
>

>>Quite a few years ago (like maybe 30+), I read a book called "Death Be
>>Not Proud". A Dr. Max Gerson treated the author's (John Gunther,a very
>>well-known writer in the 1940s & 1950s) teenage son for cancer,
>>primarily with a special diet (seems like he was almost starving the
>>kid. Unfortunately, the boy lived only a relatively short time after
>>being diagnosed. I don't recall what other treatments, if any, were
>>tried.
>>
>>Anywy, I'm hearing the name Gerson a lot lately in connection with kinds
>>of cancer treatment theory & wondered if there was some relation?

>It's the same. Same quackery. Same results.

Peter's definition of quackery is *anything* not endorsed by *organized
medicine.*

If one is interested, they should do their own research.

http://www.gerson.org/g_therapy/default.asp

Jan