Get a helmet dude!

Tim Scott wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coIEsaoWj7w

The helmet could increase rotational acceleration to the head from a
glancing blow during a fall, increasing the severity of head injury. The
effective larger diameter of the helmeted head could also lead to a head
impact where none would have occurred to a helmet-less rider.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people." A. Derleth

On Jan 7, 8:19 pm, Tom Sherman parrots what he's read on Usenet <

> The helmet could increase rotational acceleration to the head from a
> glancing blow during a fall, increasing the severity of head injury. The
> effective larger diameter of the helmeted head could also lead to a head
> impact where none would have occurred to a helmet-less rider.

You could have an original thought, Sherman......nah, never mind,
that's even less likely than that helmet FUD you parroted.

Ozark Bicycle wrote:
> On Jan 7, 8:19 pm, Tom Sherman parrots what he's read on Usenet <
>
>> The helmet could increase rotational acceleration to the head from a
>> glancing blow during a fall, increasing the severity of head injury. The
>> effective larger diameter of the helmeted head could also lead to a head
>> impact where none would have occurred to a helmet-less rider.
>>

> You could have an original thought, Sherman......nah, never mind,
> that's even less likely than that helmet FUD you parroted.

It already served its purpose admirably.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people." A. Derleth

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tim Scott wrote:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coIEsaoWj7w

> The helmet could increase rotational acceleration to the head from a
> glancing blow during a fall, increasing the severity of head injury. The
> effective larger diameter of the helmeted head could also lead to a head
> impact where none would have occurred to a helmet-less rider.

And I was thinking if he wanted to be safe he should really stop doing all
those tricks. :)

Cathy Kearns wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tim Scott wrote:
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coIEsaoWj7w

>> The helmet could increase rotational acceleration to the head from a
>> glancing blow during a fall, increasing the severity of head injury.
>> The effective larger diameter of the helmeted head could also lead to
>> a head impact where none would have occurred to a helmet-less rider.

> And I was thinking if he wanted to be safe he should really stop doing
> all those tricks. :)

If he really wanted to be safe, he should wear a helmet while inside a
motor vehicle in motion.

Tom Sherman wrote:
> The effective larger diameter of the helmeted head could also lead to a head
> impact where none would have occurred to a helmet-less rider.

Reminds me of this Giro ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTT9tr68V8E

Watching closely, none of the riders heads actually hit the ground.

(yet, I still /usually/ wear a helmet)