Get off my cycle lane!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Toby Barrett, May 14, 2003.

  1. Toby Barrett

    Toby Barrett Guest

    This lunchtime, walking down one of Harlow's cycle paths (the type that are completely separate and
    away from the road) I rubbed my eyes in disbelief as a "yoof" in a Ford Escort (it usually is in
    Harlow) came driving up the other way. He passed me and drove right up on the verge in order to
    squeeze past the concrete posts, installed to prevent things wider than a pushchar getting onto the
    path, and was off.

    Should I cross-post this to uk.tosspot to "prove" that all drivers are menaces to society?

    Toby

    --
    Remove spamtrap to reply by mail

    Tags:

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Toby Barrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This lunchtime, walking down one of Harlow's cycle paths (the type that
    are
    > completely separate and away from the road) I rubbed my eyes in disbelief as a "yoof" in a Ford
    > Escort (it usually is in Harlow) came driving up the other way. He passed me and drove right up on
    > the verge in order to
    squeeze
    > past the concrete posts, installed to prevent things wider than a pushchar getting onto the path,
    > and was off.
    >
    > Should I cross-post this to uk.tosspot to "prove" that all drivers are menaces to society?

    Maybe he was getting it in place ready for a night time torching.

  3. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Toby Barrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This lunchtime, walking down one of Harlow's cycle paths (the type that
    are
    > completely separate and away from the road) I rubbed my eyes in disbelief as a "yoof" in a Ford
    > Escort (it usually is in Harlow) came driving up the other way. He passed me and drove right up on
    > the verge in order to
    squeeze
    > past the concrete posts, installed to prevent things wider than a pushchar getting onto the path,
    > and was off.
    >
    > Should I cross-post this to uk.tosspot to "prove" that all drivers are menaces to society?

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

    Please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    You can post if you want -- but we will try to retask the PSF to go after cross posters to tosspot.

    (I know, I dun it in the past. I'm reformed, honest!!)

  4. In message <[email protected]>, Toby Barrett
    <[email protected]> writes
    >This lunchtime, walking down one of Harlow's cycle paths (the type that are completely separate and
    >away from the road) I rubbed my eyes in disbelief as a "yoof" in a Ford Escort (it usually is in
    >Harlow) came driving up the other way. He passed me and drove right up on the verge in order to
    >squeeze past the concrete posts, installed to prevent things wider than a pushchar getting onto the
    >path, and was off.
    >
    >Should I cross-post this to uk.tosspot to "prove" that all drivers are menaces to society?
    >
    >Toby

    No, but you could cross-post this to uk.tosspot to "prove" that _this_ driver is a menace
    to society.
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  5. Toby Barrett

    Toby Barrett Guest

    "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Maybe he was getting it in place ready for a night time torching.

    Not so far off. I've seen a couple of burnt out cars down the cycle paths before now.

    Toby

    --
    Remove spamtrap to reply by mail

  6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > In message <[email protected]>, Toby Barrett
    > <[email protected]> writes
    > >This lunchtime, walking down one of Harlow's cycle paths (the type that are completely separate
    > >and away from the road) I rubbed my eyes in disbelief as a "yoof" in a Ford Escort (it usually is
    > >in Harlow) came driving up the other way. He passed me and drove right up on the verge in order
    > >to squeeze past the concrete posts, installed to prevent things wider than a pushchar getting
    > >onto the path, and was off.
    > >
    > >Should I cross-post this to uk.tosspot to "prove" that all drivers are menaces to society?
    > >
    > >Toby
    > >
    > No, but you could cross-post this to uk.tosspot to "prove" that _this_ driver is a menace to
    > society.

    Hardly, he's just having a minor cyclepathic episode.

    Colin

  7. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

  8. On Wed, 14 May 2003 17:04:35 +0100, Colin Blackburn did issue forth:

    > Hardly, he's just having a minor cyclepathic episode.

    Go over there and stand in the corner. Don't come out until you promise to never use that
    joke again.

    --
    Huw "Only jealous because you beat me to it" Pritchard

  9. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Wed, 14 May 2003 19:41:47 +0000 (UTC), Dark Fiber <[email protected]> wrote:
    >and its sequel escape from beckton

    Just remember Becton plays the part of Hue in Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket".

    Tim