Get well

ric_stern/RST

Nov 11, 2002
Hurstpierpoint
www.cyclecoach.com
Alex Simmons is a regular contributor to these pages on the forum, but unfortunately i have to report some bad news about Alex. He crashed in training last night and has badly broken his leg and requires surgery. :(

Let's all wish Alex a speedy recovery

Get well soon mate,

Ric

ric_stern/RST said:
Alex Simmons is a regular contributor to these pages on the forum, but unfortunately i have to report some bad news about Alex. He crashed in training last night and has badly broken his leg and requires surgery. :(

Get well soon mate,

Ric
Out of many contributors on this forum I have appreciated Alex's helpful posts.
Hope you have a fast and full recovery.

ric_stern/RST said:

Get well soon mate,

Ric
Speedy recovery to you Alex

Yikes. I was just reading his blog the other day where he was saying his racing season (in AU) was over. Congrats on attaining your goals this season and best wishes in your recovery.

--Steve

ric_stern/RST said:
...Let's all wish Alex a speedy recovery...
Alex, the anecdotes and training insights you post here are inspirational. I'm really sorry to hear about your mishap and wish you a speedy and full recovery. I hope we continue to hear from Alex the coach while you're sidelined.

-Dave

Godspeed Alex...I'll throw a few intervals in on my commute home tonight in your honor. Heal up mate!

ric_stern/RST said:

Get well soon mate,

Ric
Here's to a quick and speed recovery :D

Certainly not the way you want to force a "transition period" in your training schedule. Especially a leg break... ick.

Get well soon Alex!

I'm sorry that happened Alex I hope you make a full recovery I appreciate your easy to read explanations and experience.

I've read a lot of Alex's posts, and have gotten a lot from them.

Speedy recovery Alex, sorry about the misfortune!

-Jeff

I know with our game there is always the chance of coming off the bike, and I think about this every Sunday morning when I set off. I dread a tire blow out at 60kph going down some of the mountain roads I go down like there's no tomorrow.
So very sorry to hear about your misfortune Alex. The accident is bad enough, but I can imagine being forced out of the saddle for several weeks is even worse. I remember last year in my 100mile event when I crashed in the tunnel in the mountains, although fortunately there were no broken bones, I didn't get back to serious training for 2 or 3 weeks and suffered minor withdrawal symptons.

Anyway Alex, you'll be back I'm sure, and perhaps stronger than ever.
13_1_2091.gif

From another list

By way of intro, I’m Alex’s older brother, David.

I thought I’d let you know what is happening. If you could, I’d appreciate it if you could pass this onto his friends.

Alex did break a tibia, and this has been repaired. Unfortunately, there were some additional complications (arterial damage) which required extensive follow up surgeries. For now, we are waiting to see what the outcome will be, and it will be some time before the swelling subsides and we will know the longer term prognosis.

Needless to say, Alex is pretty down about it. However, I’m sure he appreciates your thoughts. Unfortunately, he cannot respond to SMS, email or other messages for now * he is stuck in a ward without access to these. He has also, for now at least, asked that visitors be limited. He quite literally has no strength to deal with anything, and is under heavy sedation.

I will be checking this email as often as I can, but would appreciate it if you could all assist in spreading word * I know he has commitments in training programs, etc, but I’m not sure who with.

Regards,

David Simmons

If there's anyone on forum who is coached by Alex Simmons who hasn't contacted me yet ([email protected]) can you please do so.

Thanks
Ric

ric_stern/RST said:

Get well soon mate,

Ric

Get well soon buddy. I'll be wishing you well from down south of the border.

Take this as a recovery phase of the training plan, I am sure the return would be twice as powerful!

Get well Alex!

PS. Ask the vascular surgeon to rub in some angiogenic factors on the calf muscles while they work on those injured arteries.

Very sorry to hear this, you never know the minute. All the very best Alex I am sure that a a guy like you will rebound better than ever.
Bill.
ric_stern/RST said:

Get well soon mate,

Ric

I've wished Alex well on other forums but another can't hurt. I'm sure he's in good hands.

Best wishes ..