General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

gets throat infection pretty fast while swimming

Started by Surinder Singh · · Last activity · 1 post · 742 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 September 2003
Last activity
13 September 2003
Original author
Surinder Singh
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
742
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I am new to swimming though dreaming since childhood. I joined one hour daily for month class
    during winters that doesn't go below 10*C. I used to get up at around 7am do execrices for an hour,
    go to office
    6.30-7.30 swimming. Then bath at home with warm water. dinner, some tv and sleep at around 11pm.
    after three weeks i got throat infection which turned out bad cold. I think due to lack of rest
    immunity goes down and plus little cold plus other things. I don't know if eccess of clorine
    also adds.

    so i discontinured.

    now again i started. climate is little hot 37*C though timings are
    7.30pm-8.30pm. i.e after sunset. Same exercises in morning and swimming in evening but taking proper
    sleep. after 10 days got sore throat and not going for two days to pool. Other people there are
    quite fine.

    Last time I was doing was back stroke and I get nose full of water down the throat. may be reason.

    what can be done so that I don't get into this like this?

    Will go to doctor now. last time he said avoid swimming though treated the aliment. quite stupid ;(.
    But he in the near one to my house.

    thanks
    - Surinder

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.