Getting a bike for my wife

LotteBum wrote:
> Terryc Wrote:
>
>>Brand and model of seat?
>>It is an issue here, so I might suggest it toswmbo.

> Bontrager Select FIT CRZ+ Basic

info and comments passed on.
Thanks.

On 2007-03-25, LotteBum (aka Bruce)
> If you buy her a male specific
> bike, don't expect her to enjoy riding very much, if at all. Oh, and
> the womens specific bikes come in way cooler colours than the blokey
> ones.

As long as you want pink, pink, or pink.

--
TimC
Heisenberg may have been here.

On 2007-03-25, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
> we Ladies don't like that. Although I'll admit I'm in a very small
> female subset (but growing)

It's a bit late to eat your vegemite now!

--
TimC
"Indicators: There are controls in each vehicle that cause little bits

TimC said:
As long as you want pink, pink, or pink.
Not true. My new bike is a pale, pearly blue. Everyone that has seen my new bike reckons the colour is awesome - unlike Paulie's bike (same model, but mens version), which is nowhere near as spanky.

Lotte

LotteBum said:
Not true. My new bike is a pale, pearly blue. Everyone that has seen my new bike reckons the colour is awesome - unlike Paulie's bike (same model, but mens version), which is nowhere near as spanky.

Lotte
She's telling lies. Its pink.

[email protected] wrote:
> On Mar 25, 10:47 pm, Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>>>So, essentially I am thinking of a budget of around $500 to get her
>>>something decent that can be built on, but on the other hand won't
>>>have been too big a cost if it doesn't work out.

>>For $500, I'd try the LBS first. It isn't too much to "play" with to be
>>sure, then $1K+ for something better after a year.
>>
>>Comparing roller skating to bicycling isn't the same ball park really.

> How do you figure?
>
> I don't know if you would find people who are hard core into skating
> would agree with you there, and the fact that you call it "Roller
> Skating" shows the level of information that you have on it.
>
> When I was skating regularly I dropped $500 on a decent pair of
> blades, and was doing 2-3 hour skates at least 3 times a week and it
> was worth every cent.
>
> Just because cycling costs a lot more and has more shiny gear doesn't
> make it more legitimate as a hobby or form of exercise.

Oh I have to reply to this.
Its heaps more legitimate as a road user and as serious transport tho.
I am sure that someone somewhere commmutes 10 klicks or so on skates but
I am equally sure that thousands of people dont. And I am sure that
insuring yourself for a commute on skates is difficult.
As a sport, yeah its not really more legitimate.. a fair bit more
popular tho. As exercise... well arguably not. as transport... no contest

But feel free to disagree

Dave

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:38:22 +1000
dave <[email protected]> wrote:
> Its heaps more legitimate as a road user and as serious transport tho.
> I am sure that someone somewhere commmutes 10 klicks or so on skates but
> I am equally sure that thousands of people dont. And I am sure that

Dunno distance is all that important.

I can go one hell of a lot more distance on the motorcycle than I can
on the pushie in the same amount of time, does that mean the pushie's
not transport?

THey do get used as transport, used to see a fair few uni students on
them doing the couple of km from residential college to Uni in
Adelaide.

They need flat land, and they need room, that's what makes them less
useful as transport. Plus unlike those scooter doodads you have to
change shoes if using them isn't working such as going up stairs.

Zebee